THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

Post by TRYKER »

today marks 50 years that buddy holly, richie valens, and the big bopper died. i still luv to listen to there music and wonder where it would have lead if it weren't for that fateful night.

RAVE ON

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

Post by Vagrant »

A wild guess ???
They would have suffered the same fate as many artists did, when the "British Invasion" hit :(
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Perhaps a more interesting question would be what would the British Invasion have looked like without Buddy Holly's influence?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

natcherly wrote:Perhaps a more interesting question would be what would the British Invasion have looked like without Buddy Holly's influence?
:idea: :!: :!:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Astute observation Mr. Natch

Jim
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Great point-

The Beatles were so influenced by him that the name of the band was an homage to The Crickets.

I thought "Not Fade Away" was an original Rolling Stones song for many, many years!
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

Some things, like Buddy Holly's genius, transcend anything, even the British Invasion. So many early Brit bands were influenced by him, as well as other artists, that the influence is seen and heard in their recordings and interviews.
Like Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy's music will go on to be what Mozart, Bach, etc., are considered today, CLASSICAL music.

G&B

p.s. it's good to be home among the living again. Got out of my horrible, deadbeat roomie thing and trying to get my head above water again.
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
redeye

Post by redeye »

so bye bye miss American pie,drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry. them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye--singing this will be the day that i die. those guys are sorely missed by me.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

A bit of Ritchie Valens trivia:

The Led Zeppelin song "Boogie with Stu" (from Physical Grafitti), which was an impromptu jam session at the studio with the Rolling Stones' piano player the late great Ian Stuart, was inspired by a Ritchie Valens song "Oooh, My Head," and in the credits, a Mrs. Valens is listed as a co-writer of the song. It was an attempt by Led Zeppelin to get some royalty money to Ritchie's mom. There was a lawsuit, of course, and it's unclear if Mrs. Valenzuela ever got any money from the song.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

turbo_dog wrote:Great point-

I thought "Not Fade Away" was an original Rolling Stones song for many, many years!
EVERYONE has "covered" that one :idea: :lol:
Richie Vallens "covered" La Bamba it as old before he was born :idea:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Buddy Holly...nuff said.
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'