Honest Americans, “Call to Arms”

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
John Brown

Honest Americans, “Call to Arms”

Post by John Brown »

I know this is a bit (OK really) off topic, but I know you guys and thought you might be able to help. THANKS!

As many of you guys know I have my own custom line of kukris made for me in Nepal by The Khukuri House. I deal with Saroj Lama who is the son of the ex Ghurka, founder of The Khukuri House. I’ve been dealing with Saroj for years now and I will tell you, even by my strict standards, he is every inch a gentleman and a trusted friend. I got a very disturbing e-mail from Saroj a few days ago. An individual named Chad Grensky (Grensky & Associates) living in Norman Oklahoma placed a LARGE order (over 5K) with Saroj. Saroj, being honorable and trusting himself, agreed to ship the order and collect his money afterwards. Well I’m sure I probably don’t really need to finish the story but I will anyway. Grensky is refusing to pay. I did a little calling around yesterday and learned from the Police in Norman OK that he has plead guilty to insurance fraud and is awaiting sentencing. The officer that I spoke to couldn’t tell me specifically but he alluded that Grensky has a criminal background. As many of you know, the Nepalese people are proud, brave, talented, ethical AND extremely poor. This loss is comparable to you or me loosing $250,000. It is a devastating loss to Saroj and his company to say the least. It’s bad enough that American con men prey on their fellow Americans but to prey on people in a country where the average income is less than $100 a year has me so pissed off and ashamed that I can’t find words to express how badly I feel. I don’t know if Grensky is selling on eBay or somewhere else but I’m certain he’s trying to fence his ill begotten goods somewhere. If any or you guys can help us get this prick, I would appreciate it very much. You can PM me or post here for all to see. The Best! JB
blackjack

Re: Honest Americans, “Call to Arms”

Post by blackjack »

Hi John; Is there a specific brand name or any other identifying features of these knives so I'l know them if I see them? It really burns me when people do that.
Take Care
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

This is terrible :evil: I will definately keep an eye out, John.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Blackjack:

Travel to the third world has helped me to think globally. I visited Nepal & India back in the early 80s. We could agree that it's hard to make ends meet here in America somtimes but compared with over there, we don't have a clue. The caste that makes kukris is one of the poorer castes in Nepal and they are extremely poor. It takes about four days of hard, very skilled labor for them to produce 1 kukri. I don't know the exact number but 5K would buy at least 150 kukris - that's like stealing two years of a poor man's life (not counting the material). You can see their complete product line at: http://www.thekhukurihouse.com I'll show a picture here of one of mine so you get the idea. Thanks again! JB

stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Man this really sucks! I hope you've also posted this over at BladeFourms?

SD
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

SD:

No, but thanks, I will. JB
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Mr. Brown
Ya can count me in on keeping watch for
any of these.
It burns me to see someone get burnt!!!!
Watchful from the Western Reserve
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Seems like there's "one" under every rock! People like this chap my a$$. Something should be done. These are basically stolen goods until they are paid for. Can't the police do something?
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

The police lieutenant that I spoke with was apologetic and did offer to place a call to Grensky but he also said that $5,000 was not considered enough money for them to pursue it too seriously. That’s the worst part of it. When you consider the scale of $5,000 in Nepal opposed to $5,000 here in our country the difference is HUGH. A Nepalese Kami (a kukri maker) will not earn $5,000 in his entire life. These are people whose main staple is rice. When I picture this guy Grensky in a martini bar, acting like a big shot, blowing the money, I just about loose it. There are things in this world you just don’t do. JB
Grim

Post by Grim »

i feel so sorry for what happened to these poor people.Theres always one lowlife or another.Theres not much we can do but to pray that god will cut this prick down :evil:
DONT TREAD ON ME
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, any relationship :?: :?: :?: :?: If so it is pretty ironic :x
http://www.grenskyassociates.com/
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Vagrant:

That's the guy! A slick website is the new "tool of the trade" for today's con man. This asshole looks like The Man From U.N.C.L.E. on that website. There may be good news on the case from the police department there. I'll let you guys know as things unfold. The Best! JB
Milu

Post by Milu »

Copied on Khukuri Cantina on knife forums.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
boden

Post by boden »

i emailed him and requested info on the knives on the pretense of purchasing one, this was his reply. Billy,

The Khukuri knives we purchased weren't what we ordered so the knives have been sent back. I was very disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship. I expected better from the Khukuri House. The knives were sent months after we ordered and we experienced delay after delay. I wish you luck in finding a quality Khukuri. If you do locate a company that can provide you with a good quality Khukuri we would enjoy the opportunity to do business with them. I would strongly suggest staying clear of the Khukuri House located in Nepal.

Sincerely,

Chad E. Grensky
President / CEO
Grensky & Associates Inc.
PO Box 821
Norman, Oklahoma 73070-0821
Office: 405-818-1219

Servicing: Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana as well as throughout the country of Mexico.

For more information please see our web site http://www.GrenskyAssociates.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and attached document(s) may contain confidential information that is intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.19/1106 - Release Date: 11/2/2007 9:46 PM
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

boden wrote:i emailed him and requested info on the knives on the pretense of purchasing one, this was his reply.

The Khukuri knives we purchased weren't what we ordered so the knives have been sent back. I was very disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship. I expected better from the Khukuri House. The knives were sent months after we ordered and we experienced delay after delay. I wish you luck in finding a quality Khukuri. If you do locate a company that can provide you with a good quality Khukuri we would enjoy the opportunity to do business with them. I would strongly suggest staying clear of the Khukuri House located in Nepal.
Doesn't exactly sound like someone with a bunch of stolen Khukuris he is trying to unload...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?