INTRUDER IN YOUR HOUSE 2:00 AM

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

Sword ofDamocles, thanks for answering, just morbid curiosity
as to how someone might interpret the 2 laws together.

Buck
floater

Post by floater »

My daughter's martial arts instructor was also my concealed carry license course instructor. He's begun constructing a small mock-up house/building at his place in the country for practicing effective tactics for just such a scenario. He'll also come to your house with a couple air-soft pistols so you and he can practice burglar-hide-and-seek in the comfort of you own abode. He is obviously a big believer of practice making deader intruders. I'm planning on doing the hide & seek thing this summer. Until then, it's just me and that fun lovin' team of Mossberg and Glock doing our best to keep 'em laughing. :D
A close friend once told me that if I were to find myself in a situation like the one described in this thread, the first thought I should have was to be PISSED that someone had taken the liberty to invade my home. He said it would help put an agressive focus on the fear I am bound to feel, instead of having the fright just bouncing aimlessly around in my head turning what should be decisive thoughts into Cream O' Wheat. Since this guy had survived numerous armed encounters during his two tours before coming home to start the local V.V.A.W. chapter, I thought the advice had come with experience and considered it sound. If I'm lucky, I'll never find out how well I would follow his advice........ but of course you never know until you find out. :?

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
bigfifty

Intruder !

Post by bigfifty »

A good thing to do is to check your local and state laws, as to their attitude about the use of leathal force; before you may need to do so. Which is one of the main reasons for living out hear in the Rockies. Neither the city, nor state will bring criminal or cival suite charges for leathal self defence, inside your home. As to the question of lights... I see it as working both ways. I mean, if you use one the 'bad guy'knows where you are and may start shooting at you! You know your home layout, probably better than an intruder. Use this to your advantage.Yes the SureFire is bright, but at 7-15 feet, who uses sights? Stay cool, shoot straight. And practise. Take care, Bigfifty.