Left or Right?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Whats your dominant hand?

Right
63%
Left
21%
Both (Ambidextrous)
17%

Total votes: 24

stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Or Josie and the pussy cats :lol:

SD
Jose Wales

Post by Jose Wales »

one in the same - changed the spelling is all - i still pronounce it joe cee , but seeing as i took the name and the pic , the least i could do is spell it my way.
and yes it's one of my favorite movies. guns - knifes - westerns - and women - simple pleasures for a simple man.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Stepdaddy
the two posts you made to our newest member Jose which was a Great movie could watch it everytime its on.I noticed most likely an oversight on your part that you didn't explain to Jose the fact that you like to kid alot . So go on and tell him so he doesn't think there is any hostility here and give him a nice big welcome while your at it. 8)
PB
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Mr. Wales: Mr PB is correct, I'm the class-clown of this blade oasis. Please don't be offended by my words, most around here just ignore me. The crowd around here is a great one with tons of the know about knives, life, and what have you. Stick around and enjoy the show.

SD

PS. Make sure you go to the switchblade area, find the thread marked Forum knife and post asking Mr. Teddy to add you to the list.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My usual belated welcome.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome, Mr. Wales.
Nice pair of Colts. Did you get them at that gun shop in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Jose Wales

Post by Jose Wales »

step daddy - thanks - and none taking i like a comedian as much as the next guy , adds a little levity to life. before i joined i browsed a lot of the boards and read a lot of your comments ( even chuckled a couple of times ) so i was flattered instead of insulted that one of my first replies was from the class clown. i'm sure as time goes by you'll take many more opps for one liners. thats fine every comic needs a straight guy to set him up
besides when ya get ta be my age - nothing gets under your skin.
and a howdy back to all others who welcomed me.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

( even chuckled a couple of times )
Thats more then most.
Yes I do post what sick demented thoughts go through my head when reading a post. But the other guys around here are real funny. They'll wait for just the right time and post something that'll make ya fall out of your chair. Except for that Wally guy, he just frightens me :lol: . Hope you enjoy the forum.

SD
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yeah Jose this is the only forum in the world that has a real live corpse for a moderator. The trouble is in his own convaluted way he usually makes sense when you learn to read between the lines. When he doesn't Mr Bonz will step in and try and shut him up which is when the real chuckles start. By the way whats your age Lad? I think last we checked late 40's was the average here. We are all just a bunch of kids living vicariously through spring steel.
PB
Jose Wales

Post by Jose Wales »

age - just short of fifty , but it's been a rough and rocky road - mostly down hill with a lot of miles. but every day above ground is a good day.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

We are still at almost double the average for "correct handed" people. :D
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Southpaw here!

I operate a switchblade, scissors and guns (rifles & handguns) right-handed... Everything else "correct-handed."
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
bigfifty

Right-Left ?

Post by bigfifty »

Welcome Jose. A fine movie for sure. To the original question.... Right Handed. ( Most of the time ). Tried to teach myself to be amba but could never quite manage it. Would be handy though. Take care, Bigfifty.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:D welcome jose,glad to have you on board great bunch of guys here.back to the original :?: i drink right handed,but fall down to the left.
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
omega

Post by omega »

Another Welcome to you Jose!

As to the poll topic: right dominant

But I seriously am curious if anyone has had any luck in forcing change to one or the other.

Due to a medical issue, I need to change to the left to reduce aggravation of the right, but I have no clue if it's possible.

The only thing I can find on the net on the issue is from southpaws that were FORCED as children to switch and how emotionally scarred they became from the experience. Not even close.