Invaluable tool

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Straydog 5247

Invaluable tool

Post by Straydog 5247 »

While in my local Lowe's hardware store I saw this thin plastic hardware gauge for $ 2.09 ....my advice to all manglers, novice & advanced , is ..get one !.....best tool buy I've done in years , I have steel rules , micrometers , & calipers , but this cheap tool has proved itself invaluable !....can't say enough good about it . just thought I'd pass it on.
"Dawg" Image
Viking45

Re: Invaluable tool

Post by Viking45 »

Excellent idea Ron,I may get two,one for the tool box and one in my wood working shop.
The two things I could use moat are the drill/wire gauge and the screw/bolt gauge,also the pipe gauge is real cool,I sometimes work with copper pipe on some projects.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Yep ! ...the drill / wire , screw / bolt gauge is what I use most , really helped with makin' pivot pins :lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Ron you reckon' one of these plastic doo-dads would help me be as good a knife mangler as you?
If'n so I'll buy a whole box. :lol:
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Viking45 wrote:Ron you reckon' one of these plastic doo-dads would help me be as good a knife mangler as you?
If'n so I'll buy a whole box. :lol:
Sure ! ...wouldn't hurt none , you'd probably be a better mangler than me ! :D
They're really handy