California is a joke...sorry if you live there

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

California is a joke...sorry if you live there

Post by Chrisadamley »

Came across this a little while back, thought some here would find it interesting.

Its a flow chart to tell whether or not your rifle would be legal to own in California.

While it really is the clearest way to try and tell this information...its still a giant flow chart and can seem complicated.

It seems really pathetic that something like this is needed to even start to understand if something is legal or not

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: California is a joke...sorry if you live there

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Adamley,

What else could you expect from the state who re-elected Moonbeam for the 3rd time. When over 1/2 of the population is on some sort of government handout or other entitlement, the recipients tend to vote for that mindset. Wherever I go, I go with a .45 on my lap. As the old saying goes, I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

California my friend, is coming to a state near you.

Lock & load,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Yes gone are the days when local department stores sold military rifles in their sporting goods dept. Pay the price, no paperwork, walk out the door. Same gun today from a licensed gun shop, many of whom are run by knowitall a-holes, takes 45 minutes for the paperwork, pass a test and a 10 day waiting period on top of that. Restrictions are indeed arcane. My home state is being wrecked on a daily basis.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I just couldn't imagine living under so many restrictions.....it seems nuts to me.

Currently my state is looking at a bill to pass that would hold local law enforcement legally responsible if they try to enforce any future law the federal government passes pertaining to the second amendment.

So say they ban AR's...and the local police came and took my AR...this bill would allow me to sue them, and win. Therefore the cops wouldn't come and do that. Not sure if it will get passed, but i like knowing im in a state where we are preemptively at least trying to stop whats going on. I don't see our gun rights, at least here, going away any time soon. Finger crossed of course.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Adamley,

Rural California can be as redneck as any other state, and I live in a redneck rural county larger than the size of Delaware and Rhode Island combined. The trouble makers are from the metro areas where the majority unwashed masses of freeloaders gestate. My county recently released this resolution:

Resolution 006-2013 in support of the Second Amendment and the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms ... NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Board of Supervisors of the County of Siskiyou supports all discussions seeking new ideas to protect our citizens from violence but cannot abide by any order, provision, law or agency initiative that violates the protections of the Second Amendment.

Lock & load,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Adamley,

Rural California can be as redneck as any other state, and I live in a redneck rural county larger than the size of Delaware and Rhode Island combined. The trouble makers are from the metro areas where the majority unwashed masses of freeloaders gestate. My county recently released this resolution:

Resolution 006-2013 in support of the Second Amendment and the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms ... NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Board of Supervisors of the County of Siskiyou supports all discussions seeking new ideas to protect our citizens from violence but cannot abide by any order, provision, law or agency initiative that violates the protections of the Second Amendment.

Lock & load,

Bonz
Thats actually interesting bonz i never realized that.

How does that work exactly with yoru county? When they say they won't abide by any law that violates the second amendment...is that legal with the state? Or is that just a statement, and if caught you would be in trouble?

Because i see the 10 round mag limit as a clear violation of the 2nd amendment....Im still assuming your county can't have over 10 round mags can they? If they pass that resolution of course.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Adamley,

I think it's a statement from our supes saying we relish our rural lifestyle and don't like the urbanites dictating what we do here. The majority of the cops I know will not enforce the 10 round mag rule as long as no criminal acts with the firearms are committed. Now, if some thug committed a violent crime and the cops found some 30 round mags that were illegal, the DA might tack on additional charges for bargaining purposes.

Remember, there are red and blue counties here just like the states. What may be overlooked where I live could be a major crime in SF and LA counties. Otherwise, understanding CA guns laws is almost impossible.

Best regards,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Frank

Post by Frank »

I think local law supersedes the government laws. At least that's the way it works with switches around here. Either way, I have no intention of giving up my guns. I don't have an assault rifle, just a couple of pistols but if I wanted one, a couple of phone calls and I would have whatever I wanted.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hey Bonz,

Great to read of the actions of your county. I saw a full-size 2 page spread in a newspaper after the last presidential election of the nation by county as red or blue. It was fascinating. California had more surface area in red by far! Of course, the large population centers were blue which is what drive the outcome for the state.

Good to see you post Frank, hope you are well.

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

jim d, wrote:Hey Bonz,

Great to read of the actions of your county. I saw a full-size 2 page spread in a newspaper after the last presidential election of the nation by county as red or blue. It was fascinating. California had more surface area in red by far! Of course, the large population centers were blue which is what drive the outcome for the state.

Good to see you post Frank, hope you are well.

Jim

Mr. Jim D,

The red counties are the ones Chairman ObaMao does not visit. Probably the fear of facing hard working people who actually pay taxes drive the half-breed nuts.

Best regards,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Frank

Post by Frank »

Didn't you know? That's where all the "domestic terrorists" live. Him coming there would be like me walking through Smith Homes (projects) at 3am waving a stack of hundreds around. The outcome would NOT be good.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

YO......... FRANK!!!

try walkin in fronta my house wavin a fist full of $100's....... you will be relieved of them (efg)

jk
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"