Self-defense shooters motivated by fear?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Phil Elmore

Self-defense shooters motivated by fear?

Post by Phil Elmore »

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=126812
All martial sports (martial arts tournaments, shooting competitions, Olympic fencing, even staged "pro" wrestling) are, at their cores, duels that incorporate some elements of a fight among two or more people. These duels become simulations of fighting that have, as their goal, the winning of a contrived and controlled contest. This symmetrical goal contrasts sharply with the asymmetrical goal of real-life self-defense. The citizen defender wants to pre-empt, circumvent or neutralize the conflict by any means necessary and through whatever unfair circumstances favor him. He is not interested in proving who is the better competitor...
- Phil Elmore

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Self-defense shooters motivated by fear?

Post by Vagrant »

:idea: :!:
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

Good one Phil,
the ADT/BRINKS home security system comercials are very disturbing= guy kicks in door alarm goes off he runs away phone rings lady say's "somebody tried to break in" man on phone say's "we'll send someone right over"

the thing is the guy did break in ,she's lucky the police arent the one's finding her body in the kitchen where the intruder grabed a chopping knife out of the wood block, the NRA should do a comercial where she runs to get her gun when the alarm goes off
it wouldent hurt for her to have a good sized dog too, the alarm by it's self only adds a false sense of security.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Crypto,

Most of my work is out of towne. My wife keeps her loaded .38 by her side. As well as my dog, who will rip anyones nuts off trying to get in the house. As for me, I travel light. Just a .45 in my briefcase...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I carry a handgun so I'm prepared, if I was paranoid I'd carry an AK :wink:
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Even G-d couldn't save'm here. That NRA ad idea is a winner.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises