Older Walt's Custom picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Older Walt's Custom picklock

Post by thom »

11" Walt's custom flatguard picklock. Beautiful French Horn, filework with 3.5mm bayo blade/spring. Also 13" Walt's Custom flatguard picklock French Horn, file work and dagger blade. Hope you like.
Thom

Last edited by thom on Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim d,

Re: Old Walt's Custom picklock

Post by jim d, »

Really nice horn on them Thom, what do I see in the case behind them?

Jim
thom

Post by thom »

Good eye Jim. I was wondering if anyone would notice. A Burn and an AGA flatguard picklock. Here are some pics.
I am not necessarily a huge fan of file work, but I love the file work on the 13" AGA. Very subdued.

thom

Post by thom »

jim d, wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:36 pm Really nice horn on them Thom, what do I see in the case behind them?

Jim
Meant to quote your response. I should have polished the bolsters on the AGA before taking the pictures.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Love them all Thom! That Walts Custom up top with the “coffee and cream” colored scales really looks nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thom,

A Burn and an AGA flatguard picklock. !! What a fantastic group you shared with us in this thread. Thanks!

Jim
PlatonicSolid

Post by PlatonicSolid »

Awesome horn all around Thom! When was that 13” Walts made?
thom

Post by thom »

PlatonicSolid wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 am Awesome horn all around Thom! When was that 13” Walts made?
Not sure, maybe 2012 or 2013 ?????
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Beautiful blades! Wow.
JulesVane

Re: Older Walt's Custom picklock

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm 11" Walt's custom flatguard picklock. Beautiful French Horn, filework with 3.5mm bayo blade/spring. Also 13" Walt's Custom flatguard picklock French Horn, file work and dagger blade. Hope you like.
Thom
Thom, I wonder why the Walt's flatguards with the filework are 3.5mm. The 9" Walt's flatguard picklock dagger with filework that had originally come from you is also the thinner spring and blade. Are the newest Walt's Custom flatguards with filework also not 5mm?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 am
thom wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm 11" Walt's custom flatguard picklock. Beautiful French Horn, filework with 3.5mm bayo blade/spring. Also 13" Walt's Custom flatguard picklock French Horn, file work and dagger blade. Hope you like.
Thom
Thom, I wonder why the Walt's flatguards with the filework are 3.5mm. The 9" Walt's flatguard picklock dagger with filework that had originally come from you is also the thinner spring and blade. Are the newest Walt's Custom flatguards with filework also not 5mm?
JV,
I think he originally only had 3.5 mm. Same as Frank B. I think to differentiate Franks from Walt's. Walt went to a 5mm. I also think that there might have been an agreement that only Walt had solid N/S bolsters and Frank only use stainless steel bolsters now. Just my opinion. Seems like when Walt started with the 5mm, Frank went to stainless bolsters. Remember when Frank was making N/S bolsters? Franks were not solid N/S but Walt's are solid N/S bolsters.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Thom. So, at one time, all Walt's were 3.5mm? I did not know that. Thanks!

WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Gorgeous knives, Thom. Love the display case, too!
Mistakes are like knives. They can help us or they can hurt us. It all depends on whether we grab ‘em by the handle or by the blade.