Edge Company Gravity Knife no box

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Markco the Mad otter

Edge Company Gravity Knife no box

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Saw one of these today at a tag sale and don't think that I have one. Was thinking about picking it up if it is still there tomorrow. What would the price range be? Any thoughts? There isn't a box and this is just a stock photo I got off the net but is an accurate picture of the knife.
Attachments
0f891008711a8491feb6d32352ccefe2.jpg
0f891008711a8491feb6d32352ccefe2.jpg (62.26 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
sammy the blade

Re: Edge Company Gravity Knife no box

Post by sammy the blade »

I have one I got from sharperdeal off auction I paid $35 but it was probably 10 years ago. Just depends on how much you want it. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with it and I think I overpaid for it but it was an auction site and that's what they were going for. Kinda cool but definitely not a user.
2024 candidate for president
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Thanks Sammy. No, they aren't really much of a knife. I saw one at a tag sale along with a couple of others that I was mildly interested in. They had $15 on it and today (Sunday) is the last day and they will take 1/2 price. So if any are there I might take them at half price. One of the other knives is a brass butterfly knife and I actually already have one but ....and then there is a vintage bowtie, not sure the maker and auto stiletto with a cracked white pearled scale. Those other knives they wanted more than $15 for but see what is left and what I can work out.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Howdy Greg. Never heard of a tag sale. Is that like a fleamarket?
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 pm Howdy Greg. Never heard of a tag sale. Is that like a fleamarket?
Tag sales are basically estate sales where all items they are selling have price tags on them. Generally the items are still in place around the house and people walk through the house and pick out what they want to buy. It takes out any haggling over price like a garage sale or flea market.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i had bought a bunch of those years ago for around $10 each.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks like I got one broke off in meness!
2024 candidate for president
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

There’s one on FB right now for $40
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Markco the Mad otter wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pmOne of the other knives is a brass butterfly knife

Was it one of those Pakistani ones from the early 90s? I have been trying to find the brass one with no holes.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Strangely, the later Anton Wingen, Solingen versions of this knife were exactly the same as the Asian versions.
My guess is that Wingen changed their production to Asia, and after that versions were sold without the Wingen "Othello" markings.
Earlier Wingens had nickel plated handles and were available in 2 sizes with spear or clip point blades.
The Edge and later versions were the small size with chrome plated handles.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.