A custom auto conversion of Case Sharktooth by Muskrat Man

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

A custom auto conversion of Case Sharktooth by Muskrat Man

Post by hogwild »

I am pleased to show you a Case Sharktooth auto conversion completed by Kaleb (Muskrat Man). This is a video he made after the work was complete. Will post further pics after I get it back in the mail; couldn't wait any longer to show it off. I have another one in stag that will be going to his spa for the same treatment soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhlsHLAn ... e=youtu.be
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
JimBrown257

Re: A custom auto conversion of Case Sharktooth by Muskrat M

Post by JimBrown257 »

Looks pretty good. If I wasn't familiar with knives, I would have had a hard time believing it hadn't come from the factory looking like that.

How many converted pieces do you have now?
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

I have a Cumberland Mountain Buck 110 conversion and a Case Mako conversion. This sharktooth idea came about because I have always enjoyed the feel of it in my hand. I have had several over the years and gave a few away. I never saw one converted and asked Mr Bill about it; he advised that Muskrat Man would be a good choice to see if it could be done. I have liked all the conversions that I have seen of his work.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That one looks as solid as an auto-110.

Was he able to re-use the existing scales?
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

JimBrown257 wrote:That one looks as solid as an auto-110.

Was he able to re-use the existing scales?
It's every bit as solid as the 110 conversions that I have seen in hand. It utilizes the factory scales, so any that had pretty factory scales they can be used in the conversion.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Have you done any Bucks yet?
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

Kaleb has a pretty full schedule of work right now. When he has the time I have already discussed with him, converting another sharktooth that is mint with stag scales. This is a mildly used one that will be in my pocket or on my belt.
Ludwig von Mises
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

hogwild wrote:Kaleb has a pretty full schedule of work right now. When he has the time I have already discussed with him, converting another sharktooth that is mint with stag scales. This is a mildly used one that will be in my pocket or on my belt.
It will definitely make for a cool conversation piece when you're out and about.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Very very nice. One thing about that Case line of lock backs is the brass bolsters have great contours and have ornate stamps.
Many years ago I fell in love the the Mako and would still like to get one some day.

Everything I have seen by MM has been superb. He has an amazing talent.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Kaleb does great work, and is a very down to earth nice guy. One of my favorite auto makers. The lines on that knife are awesome. You always know a guy has what it takes and a good eye, when you see contours like that.
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

JimBrown257 wrote:Have you done any Bucks yet?
not "YET" :D
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

The action on that piece is very fast, beautiful work and a fantastic, conversion, as always! :D
Belmont800
john

Post by john »

Hello mr hogwild,

Your knife looks great. Now that it's been converted it loos even better.

Muskrat Man is one of the best. He's a very talented craftsman.

John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

Guys I appreciate your comments. I have many different hobbies and interests; and knives don't get the bulk of my funds. This knife is near and dear to my heart. My Mom gave it to me about 38yrs ago. I never had a knife customized before. It has laid in the drawer for a long time although I did carry it at one time for a few years. I didn't mention to MM that it is dear to me because I didn't want to mess with his mojo.

The advice I got telling me to send it to him was taken and I'm very happy. Thanks again for looking.
Ludwig von Mises
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

hogwild wrote:Guys I appreciate your comments. I have many different hobbies and interests; and knives don't get the bulk of my funds. This knife is near and dear to my heart. My Mom gave it to me about 38yrs ago. I never had a knife customized before. It has laid in the drawer for a long time although I did carry it at one time for a few years. I didn't mention to MM that it is dear to me because I didn't want to mess with his mojo.

The advice I got telling me to send it to him was taken and I'm very happy. Thanks again for looking.
Thanks for not messing with my "mojo" :shock: