G.C Co Conversion

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
muskrat man

G.C Co Conversion

Post by muskrat man »

I've wanted to start doing conversions for a very long time. I picked up a G.C Co 7 1/2" manual picklock a while back. It was pretty clean; unused but I couldn't sell it so I decided to try my hand at doing a conversion today. It's a Japan G.C but was pretty high quality with nice grinds, horn handles etc. Anyway, I decided to convert it and added some India stag handles. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out considering it's my first ever completed conversion. I am much more comfortable doing these now, wish I had a dollar for every conversion inquiry I turned down because I was uncomfortable doing them. It was a lot easier than I expected.

And there is no chance of this getting effectively passed off as original in the future, all my conversions will be stamped this way. excuse the grime haven't given it a thorough cleaning yet.
Viking45

Re: G.C Co Conversion

Post by Viking45 »

Going by the quality craftsmanship no one would suspect this is your first conversion. Outstanding stag.
lars

Post by lars »

Excellent work, MM! It turned out very, very nice. I really like the fact you've marked it CONVERSION.
andrea

Post by andrea »

Ciao Muskrat,
i'm Andrea,
nice knife but because tang stamp japan?
ciao
Andrea