Vintage Picklock cleaned by NEMO looks AMAZING!

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
morrissey

Vintage Picklock cleaned by NEMO looks AMAZING!

Post by morrissey »

Here are the photos of a vintage stiletto that I sent off to NEMO for a light cleaning. The knife was already in almost mint condition but it had a good number of scratches on the blade and some on the front scale. It now looks simply Amazing! :D He cleaned it without taking it apart so that it would maintain its integrity. Moreover, he confirmed that the knife had never been taken apart and is all original. He buffed all the scratches out of the blade and polished and shined up the bolsters and scales.

Needless to say, I Love It! NEMO is a true master craftsman and he does impeccable work. Plus, he is just the nicest guy...I cannot stress that enough. :)
Last edited by morrissey on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
morrissey

Re: 13" Coricama Kris cleaned by NEMO looks AMAZING!

Post by morrissey »

Here are some more photos....
Last edited by morrissey on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

:shock: Wow! Looks amazing and years ago I wasn't crazy about the kris blades but now I have several in all sizes. I just like the uniqueness of the kris.
Thanks for sharing that sweet old Italian with us. Cheers to Mr. Nemo.
lars

Post by lars »

Awesome Coricama! Absolutely awesome!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Can anyone help us figure out the actual value of this knife...I would like some more opinions on it if possible. So far the information we have is that there are only 3 Coricama 13 inch kris blade picklocks known right now. I believe this may be the only one that is all original. To me it seems more rare than most Latamas. I work on alot of knives and this one just seems different to me...damn near perfect....Nemo
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Beautiful.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Awesome knife. Looks like it has a great kick. 8)
Another amazing restoration by Nemo.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

real beauty there. love it!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Razor_54 wrote:Awesome knife. Looks like it has a great kick. 8)
Another amazing restoration by Nemo.
Yes it sure does have a kick to it...I tightened it just a bit and it didn't slow it down at all....even the spring inside still has a mirror polish with no pits or rust....just amazing after all these years...Nemo
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Nemo wrote:Can anyone help us figure out the actual value of this knife...I would like some more opinions on it if possible. So far the information we have is that there are only 3 Coricama 13 inch kris blade picklocks known right now. I believe this may be the only one that is all original. To me it seems more rare than most Latamas. I work on alot of knives and this one just seems different to me...damn near perfect....Nemo
At one point (the highest point) they could fetch $3000-$3500. But that was about 7 years ago when everyone was paying really high prices for anything.
Now I would say if one was patient, $2000-$2500 would be a rough estimate. If you wanted to sell it today in an hour, you'd have to take less.

Also if it had super nice white horn front and back, it would command a higher price. And yes there are less that about 6 known.
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks and that helps quite a bit...I would bet the value is only going to go up from here...I don't think this one is going to be sold anytime soon...hopefully things will go back to the way they were in the 90s when everyone had money to blow on toys....Nemo
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Knowing what this is and the rarity only makes it even more beautiful. But in all honesty I can say this knife is one of the most beautiful vintage stilettos I have seen posted here.
That 6 inch kris blade must be a sight to behold in person.

Great info OB. I know very little about vintage Italians but I would have guessed this knife to be worth 2500 at least.
Nemo wrote:hopefully things will go back to the way they were in the 90s when everyone had money to blow on toys....Nemo
Don't hold your breath :lol:
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

You know some things just don't have a price. I have a couple guns that have had 10K offered, a Chevelle that 45K offered, couple knives with big offers. I gotta tell ya; some things just don't need to be let go of. You have a real piece there. As Nancy Reagan said "Just say no". You'll be glad you kept it partner.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

hogwild wrote:You know some things just don't have a price. I have a couple guns that have had 10K offered, a Chevelle that 45K offered, couple knives with big offers. I gotta tell ya; some things just don't need to be let go of. You have a real piece there. As Nancy Reagan said "Just say no". You'll be glad you kept it partner.

I think that is best advice....don't sell it....I started doing this because I could not afford to buy the vintage knives...now I get to see stuff like the Coricama all the time for free...sometimes people even pay me to see them and handle them...which is so cool....I have had over 100 vintage picklocks in my shop this year and that one is the best I have seen so far...and oh yea...for anyone having work done on their knives...make sure you trust the person you are sending it to...it can be real easy for expensive knives like this to get lost and you need to know the guy on the other end won't do something less than honest and has your best interests in mind...lot's of great guys working on knives out there..very few rotten apples..........Nemo
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

Nemo wrote:
hogwild wrote:You know some things just don't have a price. I have a couple guns that have had 10K offered, a Chevelle that 45K offered, couple knives with big offers. I gotta tell ya; some things just don't need to be let go of. You have a real piece there. As Nancy Reagan said "Just say no". You'll be glad you kept it partner.

I think that is best advice....don't sell it....I started doing this because I could not afford to buy the vintage knives...now I get to see stuff like the Coricama all the time for free...sometimes people even pay me to see them and handle them...which is so cool....I have had over 100 vintage picklocks in my shop this year and that one is the best I have seen so far...and oh yea...for anyone having work done on their knives...make sure you trust the person you are sending it to...it can be real easy for expensive knives like this to get lost and you need to know the guy on the other end won't do something less than honest and has your best interests in mind...lot's of great guys working on knives out there..very few rotten apples..........Nemo
solid advice for sure!