My New 45

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

My New 45

Post by john »

Hello Everyone at TalkBlade,
45 cm or 17.72 inches Sambar Stag Italian Swing Guard Number 10 of 12 Hand Made by Master Craftsman Renzo Pascotto and Lucio DiBon. 5 mm Thick Highly Polished Mirror Finished Stainless Steel Blade 20.5 cm/8.07 inches, Tang Laser Etched with Renzo Pascotto's Logo over MANIAGO over ITALY, 5 mm Stainless Steel Thick Lock Back Blade Release, Handle 24.5 cm/9.65 inches, Sambar Stag scales measure 16.5 cm/6.5 inches, Nickel Silver: Swing Guards 10 7.5 cm/2.95 inches across Stamped with the Number, Solid Top and Bottom Bolsters, Button, Safety and Pins, 2 mm Thick Brass Liners Stamped Number 10, Brass Pins, Sits Deep and Centered in Channel, Fires Wicked Fast it Sends a Shock Wave Up to My Elbow, Clicks Open with that Oh So Sweet Awesome Sound and Locks Up Tighter than a Coffin. This Swing Guard was made by hand the old school way; it has insignificant imperfections which gives the knife it's unique character.
12 knives were made two each in Sambar Stag, Buffalo, Blonde and Abalone, one in White Mother of Pearl, three in Brazilian.
If anyone here has one of the other 11 remaining knives please feel free to add your photo to my thread.
Your comments are welcomedImageImage
Thank you, Everyone atTalkBlade, for taking a look at my Monster of a Knife,
John

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
These three photos were taken by Lucio.
ImageImageImage
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
~Chad

Re: My New 45

Post by ~Chad »

Nice one John. 8)
Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

WOW!!.....John, that is an amazing knife!! I am absolutely loving the stag handles with the white on the side. This will have to be one of the ones that I see in person! :mrgreen:
That must kick like a catapult!!! Great craftsmanship!! 8)

Mike
lars

Post by lars »

:shock:
Impressive piece! And very beautiful!
Awesome addition, John!
john

Post by john »

Hi Mike,
The Sambar Stag that was selected for the two knives made in scale material have excellent color and texture. The contrasting white interior make the face of the horn stand with greater intensity. I should try launching something with the knife maybe I can catapult cannon ball :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you, Mike, for taking a look at my new 45, your comment and I'll take it along for lunch,
John
John

john

Post by john »

Hello Lars,
Well I've finally lost my mind. What do I do with such a huge knife? It's WAY TOO BIG to use an EDC :lol: :lol: :lol: . It's massive; it's a few grams short of a kilo. I have 16 inch Sicilianos and Danuvius, but this knife is only 2 inches longer and it looks and feel so much bigger. It's a genuine display knife. I should put it in my window :lol: .
Renzo Pascotto has out done himself; the workmanship is amazing.
Thank you, Lars, for taking the time to look at my new 45 cm knife and for your comment,
John
John

stiletto39

Post by stiletto39 »

What a monster John, Simply beautiful! The stag is some of the nicest I've seen, especially in slabs that large.. Thanks for sharing it..

-Marco
john

Post by john »

Ciao Marco,
The scales are outstanding; the deer must have been a monster to have shed those horns for my monster knife :lol: :lol:
Thank you, Marco, for taking a look and your comment,
John
John

john

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,
I want to show you all MetalGod's 45 cm. It's awesome. In case you missed his orginal thread here are his photos. The horn is wicked cool .
ImageImageImage
His original thread can be found here:http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20746
Check it out.
John
John

Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

8) 8) Stunning, my friend! Those 2 (Messers Pascotto/DiBon) sure look after you John. (as well they should, you're probably putting their kids through school with all your purchases!) :lol:
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

This knife should be the "Standard Of Sitting Dead Center" by which all should be judged.
Dammit John you did it again. Cheers my brother.

John you know I think the world of you bro but you're really starting to p*ss me off!

(you know I'm just kidding) :lol: Outstanding!