New Bargeon today!!

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mike030979

New Bargeon today!!

Post by Mike030979 »

So folks..last week over on SharperDeals, I came across yet another French Bargeon switchblade, so I grabbed it. I was so glad I did. Now I own 3 of them. This one is actually the full size I guess. I thought the last one was the largest, but I was wrong. This newest one actually measures 9.75" open (including bail) So I've uploaded some pics for everyone to check out. Let me know what you think!!

P.S. Sorry John...no coined edge on this one :P

Mike :)

~Chad

Re: New Bargeon today!!

Post by ~Chad »

VERY nice! 8)
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Nice knives, very sharp blades and a wicked snap on them :!:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

Thanks! Yes, they're very sharp! The smallest ones tip is the sharpest I'd say. I figured I'd grab them while I can because they're not being made anymore.

Mike
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Jealous :mrgreen:
I have been wanting one of these for years but lately just can't seem to find the extra cash to get one.
Congrats on a very cool part of the "Switchblade World"

From the photos yours look straight. I know these can be prone to have blades that are not quite in-line with the frame when opened.
If I find a perfectly straight(largest one) G David Bargeon Gimel (or whatever they are called) with coined liners and killer snap I will sell or trade something awesome to own one.

Outstanding find 8)
Everyone that has one of these knives say they have wicked snaps.
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Congratulations Mike,
I did not know that an even larger Switchblade of Bargeon was produced.
I also have a medium and a small Bargeon, just like you
I also have a small in Parts.
I would like to know if your new Bargeon Blade Play has?
I've learned that much of the middle blade Play has.
In my experience, does not have to be the standard.
It seems in any case, very large.
Great knife.

Greetings from Germany
Greetings from Europe
lars

Post by lars »

A great addition, my friend! You have a great Bargeon set :mrgreen:
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Mike; nice family photo, The 9.75" is a great size. Quick question; is the smallest one a BO/BC ? I am very fond of BO/BC autos. Greg
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

lars wrote:A great addition, my friend! You have a great Bargeon set :mrgreen:

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Mike
Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

hogwild wrote:Mike; nice family photo, The 9.75" is a great size. Quick question; is the smallest one a BO/BC ? I am very fond of BO/BC autos. Greg
Thanks, Greg! BO/BC.. I'm gonna take a guess on this seeing that I'm not too smart..(I just researched it) Does that mean "Button open/Button close?" If I'm correct on this, then the answer is yes. Press the button and it springs open and hold the button in and it allows the blade to close. That small one you're talking about has ONE...NASTY...TIP!!! I touched it the other night and pricked myself good! :lol:

Mike
john

Post by john »

Hi Mike,
Too bad no coined edge. Just kidding. I had a 13" Image
I think you're onto the road of a full set from smallest to largest you're almost there.
The two I owned were really nice knives. Lightening fast, very sharp, tight lock up overall nice knives. I sometimes wish I still had them, but I made a really cool trade.
You've added a nice knife to your French Collection.
John
Last edited by john on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

Hey, thanks John! Yeah, no coined edge on this one. That 13" looks awesome! From the looks of the handle, it has the same type that mine has. Yeah, they are very sharp. This one though, I noticed that I have to push the bottom portion of the button for the leaf spring to deploy all the way though. The tab that rests inside the whole when the knife is closed is a bit large and is in the way of the leaf spring. So ya have to push the bottom portion of the button. Overall, great knife!! Hopefully I can get a few more if I have the money!

Mike :)
john

Post by john »

Some knives are like that to deploy the back of the button has to go all the way down. I have a few 13 to16" Italian knives that open only when the back half of the trigger is pressed.
That style handle is dry common on these knives. I hope you can get yourself a 13" for your collection.
John
John

Mike030979

Post by Mike030979 »

john wrote:Some knives are like that to deploy the back of the button has to go all the way down. I have a few 13 to16" Italian knives that open only when the back half of the trigger is pressed.
That style handle is dry common on these knives. I hope you can get yourself a 13" for your collection.
John
Well hey that's a relief. I thought maybe it wasn't made properly or there was a defect in it or something. I talked to the guy who sold it to me and he said you just have to kind of work the knife in. It's a lot better now as I've done that. I could go as far as up to having a 13" maybe..but I like to have the knife fit in my pocket. I have one 13" that is a bit large for my taste. Nice knife..but a tad to large to carry. That 13" French knife is nice though. Especially the swedge blade!!

Mike
john

Post by john »

Mike030979 wrote:
john wrote:Some knives are like that to deploy the back of the button has to go all the way down. I have a few 13 to16" Italian knives that open only when the back half of the trigger is pressed.
John
Well hey that's a relief. I thought maybe it wasn't made properly or there was a defect in it or something. I talked to the guy who sold it to me and he said you just have to kind of work the knife in. It's a lot better now as I've done that. I could go as far as up to having a 13" maybe..but I like to have the knife fit in my pocket. I have one 13" that is a bit large for my taste. Nice knife..but a tad to large to carry. That 13" French knife is nice though. Especially the swedge blade!!

Mike
Hi Mike,
13" knives are kind of long, but that one was slim and light enough to carry in a deep pocket. The swedge blade is way cool. You never know when one might come your way.
I have 13's like the Delta's that are very heavy they are for coat pockets or canvas or leather lined deep pants pockets. :lol: :lol: :lol: I noticed a typo in my comment Dry what was I writing? Oh wait very common. I was typing on my phone and didn't notice the mis-spelled word.
The breaking in period is true. I had to "break in several Italian knives. My first one was my Batwing that I got back in 2010. Image
I thought it was broken, but after pressing the button a million billion times it fires first time every time.
Take care my friend,
John
John