Mini Rung Sat

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jarvis

Mini Rung Sat

Post by jarvis »

I've liked these ever since I saw them on Blade Auction years ago. My first Dalton. Fires like a rocket.

Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Krab-E

Re: Mini Rung Sat

Post by Krab-E »

Neat! Looks like a bit of machining on those handles.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i'd say the machning on that was the cutter at a high speed, and low rpm's
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Never heard one bad thing about Dalton's and yet I don't have one in my collection.
The only complaints I have heard was some people didn't like the strange graphics he put on some of his models. I have to agree they looked a little out-dated.

I really dig this little guy Jarvis,it almost looks "Cali" legal.

There were a few models I loved,one was that big nasty Assassin and the other (I think) was called "Tank" :?:
Not sure if it made regular production but I love the modern look with kind of a "techno" thing going on yet built tough.
Attachments
dalton_tank_open_L.jpg
dalton_tank_open_L.jpg (39.2 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jarvis wrote:I've liked these ever since I saw them on Blade Auction years ago. My first Dalton. Fires like a rocket.
Nice mini rung sat Jarvis. I have a Dalton scale release that also fires with a nice snap. Seems like they were all made with strong springs.
Viking45 wrote:The only complaints I have heard was some people didn't like the strange graphics he put on some of his models. I have to agree they looked a little out-dated.
It's my understanding that a couple years back Dalton made some knives that were engraved with Nazi/White Power propaganda. When those knives surfaced many avid Dalton collectors started selling off their collections because of the apparent disgust of Dalton's actions. Needless to say there was a huge drop in the value of the Dalton line in general. I've still got my one Dalton, but I can't say I blame the folks that decided to stop collecting them. It's a shame really because he made some really cool knives.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I have nothing against him personally as i never heard of that history. I just don't own daltons because i think most daltons i see seem gimmicky....
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I usually prefer a larger knife but this one Jarvis posted would make a great EDC 8) (always heard Daltons open super fast)
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Chrisadamley wrote:I have nothing against him personally as i never heard of that history. I just don't own daltons because i think most daltons i see seem gimmicky....
If you're curious I found a few links with a quick google search. The first link has some actual pics of the knives with Nazi symbolism on them...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... nist/page2

http://www.sharperdeal.com/site/modules ... pic&t=4389

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showt ... e-a-racist

edit: sorry for cluttering up your thread Jarvis! Not trying to knock people that own Daltons...hell, I own one. I think your new Dalton is bad-ass.
Viking45 wrote:I usually prefer a larger knife but this one Jarvis posted would make a great EDC 8) (always heard Daltons open super fast)
I agree! I've heard the same thing about Daltons, and can confirm that the one I have certainly does.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

The release mechanism is identical on both sides, making it truly ambidextrous. I've been told that a few ProTech models originally started out as Daltons.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jarvis wrote:The release mechanism is identical on both sides, making it truly ambidextrous. I've been told that a few ProTech models originally started out as Daltons.
I believe that. Just take a look at the Dalton Mini Cupid and the Protech Tantilla. They are very similar, and I'm pretty sure that Dalton came out with the Cupid line long before Protech even existed. I think a lot of the popular knife designs started with Dalton as a matter of fact. The Dalton Ranger looks just like the first Microtech Halo design. I think there was some controversy as to whether Dalton or Microtech came up with the design first. Clearly Microtech did a better job refining and marketing it, but who knows.