Fillet Knife

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
muskrat man

Fillet Knife

Post by muskrat man »

Here's a fillet knife I turned out yesterday. 4 1/4" blade. black canvas micarta handles. I'm going to be making these in 4", 6", and 8" blade lengths. This one isn't perfect since it's just gonna be my personal user but figured others might have interest in them as well.

whippersnapper

Re: Fillet Knife

Post by whippersnapper »

Good looking slicer!
gramps

Post by gramps »

The shape of that handle looks like it's made for complete control when doing your filleting.
I love it, as I do all your creations. :mrgreen:
If I only knew!
redeye

Post by redeye »

Caleb about how much for a set of all 3 sizes?
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

Sent you a PM Freddie

The 6"
What drove me to make them is I've yet to find a commercially available stainless fillet knife that will take and hold a satisfactory edge, and I've yet to find a carbon steel fillet knife at all. I'm a carbon steel guy so that's what i'm making them out of . Here is the 6" version with a larger handle. Ought to be just the trick for catfish and drum (and other medium sized fish). The 8" will be just like this, only with an extra 2" of blade for 'dem monsters.