another lockback

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BIRD

another lockback

Post by BIRD »

well here is what I came up with, SS blade, Texaslonghorn grips, and SS bolsters. I just started grinding the bolsters this way, and this was my first attempt at a bayo grind, not too bad for me I have some scrap blades that I will be trying to get the bay right, well her are the pic'sImageImageImageImageImage
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Re: another lockback

Post by StevieWunder »

Excellent!! Been watching the developments with interest(avarice?). Your work walks a fine line, managing to simultaneously look sleek and sexy AND tough as nails. Bravo!
Is this fun,or WHUT?
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

BRAVO :mrgreen:
"Everyone is your neighbor."
peter44

Post by peter44 »

just love your front bolsters mr bird , lovely and solid looking and pointy :!: :!: :!: :!: a very cool looking italian , can you send it to me for closer inspection :roll: :lol:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Looks great!

I really like seeing knives made from scratch. I hope to give a try one of these days.

8)
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Very Nice!
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Very impressive Mr. Bird ! ....a very cool classic look ! .....good work !
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I just can't get over them bolsters, Jerry! :shock:
pure art!
"Everyone is your neighbor."
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

lookin good Bird!!
BIRD

Post by BIRD »

Thanks guys, I like the bolsters this way also just never could get the hang of it now each pair are getting better. This was my first attempt at a bayonette grind not too bad for me, I only did swedge grinds, some one once told me you need a jig to do bayo's but this was free hand, so I'll do some more have some scrap blades that I will try them on. I am going to regrind the first blade the bronze bushing got sloppy when I was mocking it up, so when I did the finaly assembly I put in a new one but I think it can not handle the torque, if the other one does the same I'll regrind it also. I hvbe already ordered the metal for the twin 13" that I am doing just because of this,dont know if it is me but I'll never use them again. I might try the IKBS ball bearing system, where you cold roll your liners int a race and pack it with bearings well thanks again guys
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

VERY nice bird! W-o-W!!
Belmont800