Benchmade Infidel clone

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
birdieman

Re: Benchmade Infidel clone

Post by birdieman »

This thread is attracting a lot of attention outside the forum. Well over 1000 views since monday. A lot of people, and some companies, have been following this thread. :shock:
picklock junkie
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. FTA,

Telling the MODS that they have "no right" to ban someone, and telling Mr. Arthas what HIS Forum rules should be is definitely "trying to run things" the way I see it...

Dark,

You continue to refer to these knives as "clones" when they are, in fact, COUNTERFEITS. The difference has been repeatedly explained to you, but you pretend to not comprehend the difference for the sake of argument... jmack's attempt to sell them, whilst subtle, is unmistakable.

I realize you consider yourself the self-appointed "Champion of the Underdog," but you are becoming mos' tiresome...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

I never gave much thought to the difference of a clone versus a counterfit... I recall reading another thread about MT "clones" and "counterfits"... I would have to agree that any knife sold under another makers mark, with the same packaging and same inserts, even if not at the time, can & will eventually be sold as the real thing & defraud the buyer....

Now, lets hope the wife doesn't look to hard at the tags on her "Pradda" or "Coache" bags or her "Lois Vutton" luggage I bought her in Mexico.... :lol:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

sicboy13 wrote: I would have to agree that any knife sold under another makers mark, with the same packaging and same inserts, even if not at the time, can & will eventually be sold as the real thing & defraud the buyer....
To quote Mr. Tequiza:

"BINGO!"
JerrBear
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

As Jerry would say Bingo twiceness! Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

JerrBear wrote:
sicboy13 wrote: I would have to agree that any knife sold under another makers mark, with the same packaging and same inserts, even if not at the time, can & will eventually be sold as the real thing & defraud the buyer....
To quote Mr. Tequiza:

"BINGO!"

BANGO!

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
S&W

Post by S&W »

tequiza

Post by tequiza »

john wrote:
JerrBear wrote:
The selling of COUNTERFEIT knives, has not, is not and never will be allowed on this forum and anyone caught trying to do it will be banned :!:
dark2023 wrote: This is not reflected in the rules. I feel that if this is to be enforced it must be added to the forum rules.

How else would someone know. I also think Jmack should get another chance, seeing as how he didnt know.
Perhaps the selling of counterfeit knives on this Forum is so obviously WRONG Mr. Arthas didn't think it needed to be included inna rules.

Also not included inna rules is posting pictures of you having sex with a goat, but just try it and see what happens... Every possible contingency shouldn't have to be inna rules for you to excercise a little common sense (which seems to be getting more and more uncommon).

You haven't even been here for 3 months - Why don't you quit trying to run things?
Hello Everyone,
I have met wicked cool people here and learned a lot. I've spent countless hours read and posting. I've had a lot of fun here and I hope to spend countless more hours learning, reading and posting.
So, what's next? You didn't buy an SKM; you're banned. You bought a Chinese counterfeit knife; you're banned. You posted a picture of a clone; you're banned. Obviously, I'm joking I know this would never happen.
I mean no disrespect to anyone or the forum.
Maybe Mr. Arthas should speak for himself. I for one would like to hear his opinion on this issue.
I must disagree in order to truly be
The web's most friendly community on knives and blades
an action that can get a person banned must be posted in the rules and regulations of this forum. If an action is serious enough to get you banned then all members new and old should be required to read an agree to a code of ethics. I suggest a check box next to each rule than can get a member banned. Not just one at the bottom like when you install a program or an update. If actions that can get a person banned are made simple to understand and incorporated in the rules that must be agreed to then we wouldn't need a four page thread discussing this issue. In stead we could be talking about a new knife someone added to their collection, or a new movie with a stiletto, or how to fix a warped horn scale or something much more interesting than this. I can almost guarantee that within a year of today this same exact issue will show its ugly head again and someone will be banned.
John
John,
Buy any clone you want, have a whole collection of them and post them on the forum if you like, as long as there clones that's fine, but don't try and push a counterfeit knife of any maker on this forum, legit makers spend a lot of time, money and research on their knives and when someone try's to counterfeit them it's stealing money out of their pocket, go to any other knife forum and try pushing counterfeit knives and see how long you last :idea:
As far as posting rules about being banned I think it's been said that using common sense when posting will get you through every time, the Mods are very tolerant but every now and then someone crosses the line and we step in, that is why Mr Arthas pays us the big money :wink:
And BTW, if this same issue should come up again in a year I can guarantee you that he/she will be warned 1st and gone if they don't heed the warning.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. FTA,

Telling the MODS that they have "no right" to ban someone, and telling Mr. Arthas what HIS Forum rules should be is definitely "trying to run things" the way I see it...

Dark,

You continue to refer to these knives as "clones" when they are, in fact, COUNTERFEITS. The difference has been repeatedly explained to you, but you pretend to not comprehend the difference for the sake of argument... jmack's attempt to sell them, whilst subtle, is unmistakable.

I realize you consider yourself the self-appointed "Champion of the Underdog," but you are becoming mos' tiresome...
I would just like to add a little bit to this post, some of us have been here for close to 10 years, we've been through thick and thin on this forum and seen lots of people come and go, someone here a few months with a couple of hundred posts is not going to tell us what to do on this forum, make all the suggestions you want but trying to run things is not going to get you anywhere.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tequiza is correct, and Jerr made a colorful and spot-on analogy earlier in the thread about a certain type of picture not to be posted.

Jim
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

First of all, Mr.Arthas told Jmack he could post a review of his knife. Or so I have been told.
Obviosley you've barley been reading my post. I've used the term counterfit.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote: No where in Jmack's post did he say he was selling or offering to sell the Infidel clones. He merely said "If anyone wants more information ask here or send me a pm." He simply just did a review of a cloned knife. Period.
JerrBear
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote: First of all, Mr. Arthas told Jmack he could post a review of his knife. Or so I have been told.
Told by whom? jmack?

Alas, I wouldn't be so quickness to believe everything I was told were I you...
JerrBear
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

JerrBear wrote:
dark2023 wrote: First of all, Mr. Arthas told Jmack he could post a review of his knife. Or so I have been told.
Told by whom? jmack?

Alas, I wouldn't be so quickness to believe everything I was told were I you...
If that is true, he would have meant it as a warning for other buyers.

NOT a review of how good the knives are and an offer to sell them.

What a joke.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Chrisadamley wrote:If that is true, he would have meant it as a warning for other buyers.

NOT a review of how good the knives are and an offer to sell them.
CORRECTAMUNDO!

Methinks 'someone' is trying to blow smoke up our collective hineys...
JerrBear