Legal For A Change

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
javacupper

Legal For A Change

Post by javacupper »

Well, legal in Missouri depending on which department and which officer you ask. I asked the Chief of the St. Louis County Police, which has jurisdiction over all 980,000 county residents and municipalities, about my spring-assisted SOG Bi-Polar rescue knife last fall and he said it was legal. I asked a neighboring municipality in St. Louis County and they said it was an illegal switchblade but they wouldn't bust me. I'll take my chances. I just picked up 2 spring assisted knives, a CRKT Natural 2 and a Benchmade Barrage 581. The CRKT is Chinese made with Chinese 8Cr13MoV steel. The knife seems well put together, especially for the price, with engine turned stainless frame and jigged bone scales. It has a nice spring-assisted snap and solid linerlock lockup. I already had a larger Natural with white bone scales and G10 bolsters. The 4th picture shows the 2 together. The larger Natural feels like a folding Bowie with an awesome twang on opening. The Natural has a 3 7/8" blade, just under the 4" Missouri limit. The Natural 2 has a 3 1/4" blade and the smaller handle makes it easier to carry. The Benchmade Barrage 581 would seem to be an excellent EDC. It has a 3.6" M390 supersteel blade. The textured G10 handles and the grooves in the aluminum bolsters provide for a solid grip. The snap of the spring-assist makes it the equal of any auto. The axis lock is superb with zero movement. With ambidextrous thumb studs and reversible pocket clip it is equally useable by lefties.

The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
whippersnapper

Re: Legal For A Change

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Like the Barrage.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

All are very nice looking knives. I have a friend that loves his CRKT knives,he has a few,some are Taiwan and some are Chinese.

I like that BM a lot.
john

Post by john »

Hi Java,
Those are very handsome knives. I could be wrong but I think most of the time no one gets in trouble with the law over a knife; unless of course it's being used in a crime, then it doesn't matter what type or size it is.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed