R.W. Monk lever lock revisited

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wild zebra

R.W. Monk lever lock revisited

Post by wild zebra »

Well this knife was my first attempt at switch repair. I have posted pictures before. It was in poor shape. Busted leverspring, no lever or kickspring, blade shot, yadayadayada. Thanks to a kind forum member Jeff75 and many tips from Bill Deshivs. I fixed her up a long ways back, but not for long. The blade was too hard and ruined the sear. Sooo I redid that and made a new blade, clip point this time. This knife has been together and apart more times than I care to count. But I learned alot. Thanks Bill and Jeff! Fires hard and locks up tight, for now...hahhahahaha.

john

Re: R.W. Monk lever lock revisited

Post by john »

Looks real good nice job :!:
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Looks great and I like your blade shape on it. 8)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I could have made you a lever spring cover.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
lars

Post by lars »

Good job on that! I really like the clip point blade!
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

Thanks Bill, and thanks for all of your off forum advice!! I really like the cover it just keeps the knife living for ole R.W. Monk. I'm sure he never thought this knife would have a new life. I have it at work today, cut open a few boxes. The blade barely sits below the liners, as well as the Shell puller I fixed. I really need to tackle that part of it. There is a lot of play and pressure on the blade and it's really hard to judge where it's gonna sit before it's all said and done, but I'm learning.
I just do this for the sake of hobby and trying to not be too idle. I can't afford to buy quality representations of these knives so I try and buy them and fix them myself, but there is alot of competition out there when buying these knives on ebay. I often even get outbid on the real bad ones. It's very fun and it can also be very frustrating, you learn alot about the knives and yourself, hahha as far as limits go. On patience and abilities!
Shameless plug, If ya'all got any charity cases or pieces and parts think of ole wild zebra!

Again thanks to the forum, Bill and Jeff. I have made a lot of things I never made before, but it couldn't be done without the help of others and some true determination.