walts stuff (video from youtube)

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FreeTheArmy

walts stuff (video from youtube)

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I found this on youtube while looking for a video of a Latama Frosolone.
Don't know who made it, but they seem to collect some beauties!
(I hope its not rude to do this...)
have a good'n!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnSbLDmiycA
"Everyone is your neighbor."
j.a.c.

Re: walts stuff (video from youtube)

Post by j.a.c. »

Cragar was/is a member here ,but has been absent for some time.
redeye

Post by redeye »

j.a.c. wrote:Cragar was/is a member here ,but has been absent for some time.

I spoke with Crager a few weeks ago hes been really busy but doing purty good
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I too spoke with Cragar and he is well and does post occasionally. He has some other interesting switchblade videos on Youtube as well. Here is some interesting trivia; Cragar and I worked together many years ago at our first job out of college. Then we moved on and didn't see each other until we both ended up at the same client a couple of years ago. It was one of those "Hey don't I know you?" situations.

Jim
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

FreeTheArmy wrote:I found this on youtube while looking for a video of a Latama Frosolone.
Don't know who made it, but they seem to collect some beauties!
(I hope its not rude to do this...)
have a good'n!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnSbLDmiycA
Thanks FTA. Really fantastic knives. Drool!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jim d, wrote:I too spoke with Cragar and he is well and does post occasionally. He has some other interesting switchblade videos on Youtube as well. Here is some interesting trivia; Cragar and I worked together many years ago at our first job out of college. Then we moved on and didn't see each other until we both ended up at the same client a couple of years ago. It was one of those "Hey don't I know you?" situations.

Jim
6 degrees of seperation :?:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Mtth5g ... &q&f=false
john

Post by john »

:shock: You just have to love that 24 inch Wow :!:.......................Wow :!: Wow :!:............................Wow :!: Wow :!:
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bama

Post by Bama »

Liked that 24" stag stiletto! :shock:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The 24 incher was here for a while. I posted pictures of it. Nice knife.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

It is a beast!!!
If only they offered that 2 footer with a belt clip :shock: :P

but really, if anyone has a Frosolone model, please oh please, let me know all about it. And if anyone could post pics or a video about the Frososlone specifically, I'd really really appreciate it!

Thanks for the pic, Bill!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have handled quite a few of the Frosolones that Walt offers. They are beefy knives. Bolsters are solid brass.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Bill I don't think that is a proper way to hold the knife! You make all the statements about switchblade collecting be a phalic symbol thing too true!
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

FreeTheArmy,

I'm glad you liked the video. That Frosolone is a solid, beautiful knife, even though the tang is a little long and the button a little lower than you might see on other Frosolones. The story that Walt tells is that the button is lower so that the knife can be held upside down hidden on the inside of your hand/arm and then fired as it is being brought up and down in an overhead stabbing motion. It looks at first like you're giving the guy a high five when you're really giving him a deep six, or something like that. 8) If anyone else has any information on this aspect of the Frosolone's use please jump in.

A limited number of Walt's Frosolones were made (about 11 if I recall correctly) and I believe that they have all been sold.

The 24" stag-handled picklock is one of two that were made for Walt by Renzo Pascotto. Bill, I thought that the one you showed on TB was the one that Walt was sending me but yours had slightly nicer stag (no shaving around the button). There were several other 24 inchers made at around the same time but the others either had two sections of handle material on each side (separated by a metal band) or contained thinner bolsters and were not as well-proportioned.

Cragar
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Thanks for the pic Bill!
...hahahaha... "phallic" :lol:
Cragar wrote:FreeTheArmy,

I'm glad you liked the video. That Frosolone is a solid, beautiful knife, even though the tang is a little long and the button a little lower than you might see on other Frosolones. The story that Walt tells is that the button is lower so that the knife can be held upside down hidden on the inside of your hand/arm and then fired as it is being brought up and down in an overhead stabbing motion. It looks at first like you're giving the guy a high five when you're really giving him a deep six, or something like that. 8) If anyone else has any information on this aspect of the Frosolone's use please jump in.

A limited number of Walt's Frosolones were made (about 11 if I recall correctly) and I believe that they have all been sold.
Cragar
Thanks for posting the video on youtube, Cragar! super awesome set of knives you got there!!! That Frosolone is beyond my monetary abilities.
For those more fortunate (although I think the following feller may be off the GoodOne's list)
http://www.pvk.com/cgi-pvk/sb/productse ... search.y=0

Like the "high five / deep six" comment :lol: From what I know about the low button, it is fashioned for blade-down opening. (and by that logic, a left handed person's benefit).
If you have the time and desire one day to make a video focusing deeply on that frosolone, feel free, sir, by all means, feel free! :wink:
All the best,
Free