My Frank B.s

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
javacupper

My Frank B.s

Post by javacupper »

I like the Frank B. knives and, like many hobbyists, I'm starting to get a little carried away. What I didn't have were any of Frank's Damascus knives, until today. As of today I have 2 11" 2009 Limited Editions, one in French tip and one buffalo, as well as an 8" in violet wood(?). I also have a 13" honey horn FB- AGA Campolin swinguard and a B-Naked folder that aren't pictured. The last picture shows the other FBs and Walt's knives.
ImageImageImageImage
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: My Frank B.s

Post by JerrBear »

WOW!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Very 8)
Bama

Post by Bama »

8" er is encredible! :o
captn hook

Post by captn hook »

Nice collection of FBs, 8)
I also have a small collection of FBs,
I think about 7 or 8, but no Damascus (yet)

Mike
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

WOWIE!! 8) :!:
Also I notice your abalone swinger is fileworked. Nice assortment!
Leverlock switchblades
lars

Post by lars »

WOW! VERY nice collection!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Very nice. I like the flat button swinger with what looks like white micarta. 8)
Have been thinking of getting a few of the B-Naked. How's the quality on them? They look very good for an edc.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

JerrBear wrote:WOW!
Yeah! What Jerr said!!
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Razor_54 wrote:Very nice. I like the flat button swinger with what looks like white micarta. 8)
Have been thinking of getting a few of the B-Naked. How's the quality on them? They look very good for an edc.
The white scaled knives are all camel bone. The swinger also has filework from Frank. The 2 11" Damascus knives I bought from Arlin "Slojoe" Walker. Slojoe said he was fileworking about 50 back springs for Frank. Frank said he was doing a limited edition of half grind swinger with stag, ram, buffalo and abalone scales. I want me one of them :!: As for the B-Naked, I like the small, modern, minimalist style. The construction is OK, framelock is solid. I can open it one-handed but not fast. The steel is nothing special. I have a variety of different EDCs and pen knives I use. My most used is a Schrade Uncle Henry Bear Paw I've had for 30 years. The next is a Buck 186 Odyssey that I picked up at Sam's Club pretty cheap. They are both a lot bigger than the B-Naked.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

It's already been said but...Wow :!: :shock:
Way too difficult to choose a fave. Outstanding collection.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I keep wanting to get on of those 11" camel bone swingers, I know they are more than they look in pics.
Leverlock switchblades
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

The bone is very nice. I have a few of Frank's knives and love 'em.
He is coming out with a very limited run of swinguards. Scale material of either bone or abalone and some other special work done on them.
Should be very interesting!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Jeff_75 wrote:I keep wanting to get on of those 11" camel bone swingers, I know they are more than they look in pics.
I just received the camel bone swinger with the Slojoe filework from Frank. This one was marked "#29/2010" over "Limited Edition" on the other side. Jeff, I just noticed that you swapped for one of the same limited edition swingers with Abalone scales.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Verry nice, and I know what you mean about getting carried away !
I have yet to get a damascus myself , but will probably have one before end of year ,