My Favorite Stiletto

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Phil Elmore

My Favorite Stiletto

Post by Phil Elmore »

This cheap little number is one of my favorite knives. I originally bought it as part of a mail-order package from the J. Flores catalog. It came with the book The Sicilian Blade, which purported to teach the reader the manly art of Sicilian stiletto fighting, ha ha ha. (I think the author even offers a sequel on one of those self-publishing sites like Lulu or somewhere.)

I taught myself how to hone a knife to razor sharpness by abusing this poor blade. It still cuts amazingly well, though I haven't touched it up in a little bit. The lock is super strong. I've no idea what the handle slabs are; theyr'e just some kind of swirled plastic.

My favorite knives are often the ones with sentimental rather than monetary value.
- Phil Elmore

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
Spring Blade

Re: My Favorite Stiletto

Post by Spring Blade »

I agree Phil.

Every knife has its own personality, and some just strike a chord with me that is in no way connected to their intrinsic value! :idea:

The longer I own a knife, the stronger that connection seems to become...

I'm glad you can still enjoy your "cheapy"! :)
Happiness is a Warm Gun and a Sharp Blade (or Two).
Milu

Post by Milu »

The Sicilian Blade was the topic of a wonderful thread on blade forums, the author has also published other books. They are succesful in their way and have much higher sales than one would expect. They have been described as similar to a bull's horns: "a point here, a point there and a lot of bull in between." :wink:
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

From age 12 to 18 I carried an 11" one just like that everyday of my life ( still have it). Great knife for sure....
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

I carried a 9" white "cracked ice" version just like that in high school nearly 40 yrs ago, still have it too.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

here are a few from my days gone by that I still own.....
Pic 217 692.jpg
Pic 217 692.jpg (79.44 KiB) Viewed 2407 times