Titanium Anyone?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Re: Titanium Anyone?

Post by ILikeStilettos »

That particular color is associated with anodized titatium, it's true. But the color layer is very thin, and even with titanium it probably scratches easily. The only maker offering it right now is Paul Panak, and then only on liners. I wonder what caused the stars to align a decade ago so that Frank B. built those. Ian could build you something in white and blue using acrylics or stabilized woods ... But titanium is next to impossible, and it's going to be expensive. Would blued steel work for you?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Well, I still have that knife! As I don't carry it, there are no scratches. As I recall, these knives were part of an order Frank built for K Newman. Due to miscommunication, the tang markings were not as Mr. Newman thought he had requested, and that initiated the big Newman vs. Beltrame controversy of 2004. Frank used these bolsters for a few other knives but not lately.
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

I have a couple, one blonde horn and one camel bone. I would love to find one with the Damascus blade.
stiletto39

Post by stiletto39 »

Here are a few of mine.. First one is mother of pearl with titanium and a Damascus blade, second ones are camel bone. I love the way the colors go so well with each other..

Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

Beautiful! If you are ever of a mind to part with one...
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Danny Bailey wrote:I absolutely LOVE the blue bolsters.
You do realize that the last post previous to yours was nine years ago, right?
Just my two cents worth but I enjoy older posts brought back to life. Lots of amazing knowledge and insight and since nothing has been happening lately worth reading it is a blessing to look back and see some old posts.
I encourage members to dig through the past and find something cool to enlighten this dull and mundane glitch we are in.
If nothing is new...then give some insight on the older stuff.

I am certainly not an "original" member here but love to reminisce about the Blade Auction days when a cat could score a primo Mikov for 60/65 bucks and it snapped like lightning and jolted your arm.
Get a Jndiana swing guard or "Medici" style (made by Jndiana) for 40/50 bucks.
All of the above has doubled in a decade.
11" Frank B stilettos were 45/55 bucks.

....ahh the good ole days (10 years ago) 8)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

In theory I agree, however to keep up with the forum I religiously read or cause the forum to think I have read every new post. It irks me a bit when someone says "pretty knife" or some such thing after years of a topic being idle. If I find myself in that position with a old thread, I always say "sorry about being late to the party, but does anyone know if these as still available" or some such wording. I was not attacking Mike, who is a dear friend, I commented because he seemed unaware and confused. I apologize if my choice of words caused offense.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
rithvich

Post by rithvich »

Great call bringing this thread back to life. I remember when these titanium knives started coming out and never knew the story on them. I asked frank a few years ago if he could still make them and he just said straight up "NO". This kind of tells me why. I think it was around 2008 a seller had some with a damacus blade and abalone (like Mark's pearl), my dumbass was fishing for a discount while they all sold and haven't been able to find one for sale since :oops: ....
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

I would give my left nut to find one of these with abalone scales.

Sorry Dave, I know it's been six weeks...
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

2005. Just before the Swinguard meltdown. Like stumbling down memory lane; and falling on your face!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

My meager collection of the blues.

Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

Yes, they are cool!