The Automatic O.T.F.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FreeTheArmy

The Automatic O.T.F.

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I wanna see every automatic OTF switchblade (auto --dual action or single action) ever made.
I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I figured that this forum would be one of very few that could oblige such a request.

***from the 1884-McGovern-Patent#309,863-Compressed Spring OTF Knife

***to the latest from Tony Marfione or Jeff Harkins.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
jarvis

Re: The Automatic O.T.F.

Post by jarvis »

Knock yourself out, bro. :roll:
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

i can't find any picture of an auto otf before the 1970's colorado sprint.
i heard that the cia used a variety of quick-opening, one-handed knives back in the 50's which included a single action auto otf. but i have yet to see any pictures, only heard stories from my granddad.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

In the late 1960s I went to Spain, Italy and Germany with Mom and Dad, and there were front openers every where, mostly that were made in Spain ( Toledeo) and Italy. There were a bunch marked Germany, that back then I would have said were German, but now I am not so sure they were not made in Italy or Spain for German companies. We went on a tour of a knife making factory in Toledeo, Spain, where I saw both OTFs and side openers being made! I don't remember seeing any Japan made ones till the early 1970s. The Colorado sprint was an Italian one.
Warren_2010

Post by Warren_2010 »

Surely there will be pictures of all the old OTF's in those switchblade books. Ace of Blades and some others.
“God will forgive them. He’ll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can’t live with that.”
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Ace of blades is useless. There is no information in it, and the paper is too rough to wipe with.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Ace of blades is useless. There is no information in it, and the paper is too rough to wipe with.

amen to that
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

wasn't sensi, collecting info on the otf's at some point ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"