Autos openly sold?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If it goes "out and back in" you're in real trouble.
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Down here autos are sold in most all sporting goods stores. To bad they are all low quality.
But, I carry a Severtech and heads don't even turn with it gets deployed.
.45acp

NRA Life Member
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

nice... I cant say the same where Im at. I feel like a friggin leper cause I collect knives (actually I dont but the reaction I get from most people around here is like Im a leper) screw it... If they dont get it, thats there loss.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Very strange, I work with approximately 75% Brasilians and many have never seen a switchblade. Maybe they aren't "knife people". [All of them know who Tramontina is but were very surprised I had a Tramontina machete. Every winter the new ones are eager to see snow [some never have seen it before] buy the end of winter they want to see the snow melt and go away. Snow must be interesting the first time but after 4-5 months of snow it is no longer any fun.
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Vagrant ,

That is true, Brazilians do not in general carry knives. The idea to carry a blade as a tool is strange to most of them...The laws here are such that a fixed blade is considered " Arma Branca" or "White Arms" although my 4" folders are legal...go figure. At the end of the day the knife is considered a lower class weapon.
One thing to remember is that 99.999999% can not afford to indulge that a blade that costs $50.00 USD. So as a result few quality blades here abouts. Tramontina is a fine machete have several myself.

Steve
.45acp

NRA Life Member
MegaDave

Post by MegaDave »

Does anyone know about the laws in Nevada? I see them at the swap meets for sale...But I don't know the law for collecting
Stone Knife

Washington State oddities

Post by Stone Knife »

Up here, where you can't buy Everclear or get a class-III license, a CCW will not allow you to carry auto knives. You can carry a blast-o-matic .44 magnum Automag, but a spring propelled 1 cm. pipe-cleaner? Noooooooooooo!

However, if you have just one arm, you may carry and posess an auto knife; also Military and Police are good to carry.

So pass the Everclear, I gotta clean the M-134...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"The laws here are such that a fixed blade is considered " Arma Branca" or "White Arms"

One of the Brasilians at work was explaining what he called "white gun" "black gun". "Black gun" is very illegal the way he described it.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Re: Washington State oddities

Post by J-man »

Stone Knife wrote:Up here, where you can't buy Everclear or get a class-III license, a CCW will not allow you to carry auto knives. You can carry a blast-o-matic .44 magnum Automag, but a spring propelled 1 cm. pipe-cleaner? Noooooooooooo!

However, if you have just one arm, you may carry and posess an auto knife; also Military and Police are good to carry.

So pass the Everclear, I gotta clean the M-134...
In most shall issue CCW states, Auto laws aren't enforced if you have a permit or if it was an isolated incident. Only in very anti-gun areas do any cops and courts have time to enforce an auto knife law. But don't take my word for it if a cop doesn't like the look of your face, a manual knife in that case won't save your ass either.
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Vagrant,

The term "Armas Branca" only applies to knives or edged weapons in the legal sense in Brazil.

I have heard Brazilians refer to an AR-15 as the Black Gun. Perhaps that is what they were talking about. I'll check with some of the cops I shoot with and see what they say. I asked my wife and she had not heard of the term being used for firearms. She should have a good idea of what she is talking about..she is a shooter and Brazilian attorney.

Steve
.45acp

NRA Life Member
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

MegaDave wrote:Does anyone know about the laws in Nevada? I see them at the swap meets for sale...But I don't know the law for collecting
your buddy mr nemo can surely tell you!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

.45acp wrote:Vagrant,

The term "Armas Branca" only applies to knives or edged weapons in the legal sense in Brazil.

I have heard Brazilians refer to an AR-15 as the Black Gun. Perhaps that is what they were talking about. I'll check with some of the cops I shoot with and see what they say. I asked my wife and she had not heard of the term being used for firearms. She should have a good idea of what she is talking about..she is a shooter and Brazilian attorney.

Steve
I think the guy had trouble with English and didn't know the word for "arms". [His english was far better than my Portuguese]. I think I saw "white arms" on a European site once.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

[quote="mrbigg"][quote="MegaDave"]Does anyone know about the laws in Nevada? I see them at the swap meets for sale...But I don't know the law for collecting[/quote]your buddy mr nemo can surely tell you![/quote]

I think this just about sums it up....I gotta move!.... :shock: .....Nemo
http://www.customknifes.com/SwitchbladeLaws.html
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

[quote="mrbigg"][quote="MegaDave"]Does anyone know about the laws in Nevada? I see them at the swap meets for sale...But I don't know the law for collecting[/quote]your buddy mr nemo can surely tell you![/quote]

I think this just about sums it up....I gotta move!.... :shock: .....Nemo
http://www.customknifes.com/SwitchbladeLaws.html
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I checked with another Brasilian he said "White knife" "Black Knife" but thought switches were "Black" [not a knife person so he wasn't sure].