Autos openly sold?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Autos openly sold?

Post by BennytheBlade »

Just got back from a vacation in Alabama and visited 3-4 knife stores... ALL had autos sold OPENLY on display :!: :!: In Texas, this just isnt done, it gets you in jail REAL quick... of course all you have to do is ask about a MT or PT and you can get one... but they are NOT readily displayed... Is this unusual, or has anyone else seen this? Wish the prices on them werent 2-3 times what i could get from "the good ones" list.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A dealer I know was busted for switches even though they were "under the counter". At the time I had been selling [openly] at the flea market for two years. I am more discrete now. They are sold openly at most gun shows. Some dealers now display them without price tags so they can claim that they are for display only, not for sale [yeah sure].
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Down in Alabama autos are completey legal. In N.H. they are illegal, but the law isn't enforced. In Texas they are semi-legal, and I heard of a bill removing them from the "illegal knife" list, so pretty soon they can legally be carried without a CCW and sold.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

In N.H. they are illegal, but the law isn't enforced

It's SELECTIVELY enforced, so you never know if you will be selected.
catavenger

knife laws

Post by catavenger »

http://www.knife.com/faqs/law11.asp#Alabama I found this can't swear how accurate it is :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

N.H. law allows a "licensed hunter, while legally hunting" to carry. It makes no provision for sales. Technically a police officer that wishes to purchase one must do so out of state.
catavenger

Laws Baaaaas

Post by catavenger »

arent laws wonderful I just found this link looks accurate http://www.amatecon.com/switchblade.html :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Without laws we'd have anarchy. [If I think long enough I may come up with something really bad about that].
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I believe they are legal in Rhode Island also. Jman where did you read or hear about this new bill that would change their status?
PB
J-man

Post by J-man »

The Texas bill wasn't passed because the Democrats down there acted like the sheeple pricks like they always do.

Anyway, this is not legal advice but here are the states where it is confusing about auto laws and I'll try to clear them up for you:

New York - Only LEO's, Military and EMS are allowed to possess and carry unless you have a valid Hunting or Fishing permit and ONLY carry while in the course of the above activities.

Rhode Island - 3" blade limit applies to private possession, sale and carry.

Vermont - 3" blade limit applies to private possession, sale and carry.

Ohio - Illegal to sell, produce but since there is no specific law the prohibits Carry and possession an Ohio LEO cannot lay charges for simple possession and carry of an automatic.

New Hampshire - Same as NY's but the law isn't enforced based on record.

Wisconsin - Autos are completely illegal and is actually a felony to carry by itself, but no one has been charged under the law since the 1970s. There was something that had todo with the Kershaw Ken Onion spring assisted knives but no charges laid only withdrawal of the knives from stores.

Virginia - Autos are illegal to sell and carry unless you are an LEO or Military. But you are allowed to possess. Carry used to be legal with a CCW permit but the VA CCW permit only applies to Handguns. They specifically released that switchblades would be illegal to carry with the CCW permit, but nobody has been charged with concealed carry of a switchblade in VA if they had a CCW permit already.

West Virginia - All auto laws were appealed (and the only state so far).
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Jman you are something. Young guy like you should be out on a nice Saturday having a few beers and trying to score some nookie and instead you are sitting at home researching switchblade laws. Man you must be the life of any party you attend :lol: Hey its a thankless job but someone has to do it. Oh and before you ask me what I'm doing in on a Sat the answer is quite simple. The kids have grown and the bride is in the other room. Since I can't afford a swinging bachelorPad I am stuck here doing the same thing you are doing 8)
PB
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i don't have much to do on a saturday afternoon either. just took the dogs for a long ride, checked post since last visit! maybe i'll go do something to lessen my chanceses of getting prostate cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
J-man

Post by J-man »

Pushbutton wrote:Jman you are something. Young guy like you should be out on a nice Saturday having a few beers and trying to score some nookie and instead you are sitting at home researching switchblade laws. Man you must be the life of any party you attend :lol: Hey its a thankless job but someone has to do it. Oh and before you ask me what I'm doing in on a Sat the answer is quite simple. The kids have grown and the bride is in the other room. Since I can't afford a swinging bachelorPad I am stuck here doing the same thing you are doing 8)
PB
PB, I've been in a rut for about the past year. But I just went to a party lastnight hosted by the owner of my Judo club! These guys only went to sleep because they ran out of beer! :shock: (reminds me of well... me) I guess if your in really good shape it's harder to passout.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

[quote="Pushbutton"]Jman you are something. Young guy like you should be out on a nice Saturday having a few beers and trying to score some nookie and instead you are sitting at home researching switchblade laws.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Push, your'e killin me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey also love that avatar!

J-Man,

That's West (By God ) Virginia :wink:
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

sammy da blade wrote: maybe i'll go do something to lessen my chanceses of getting prostate cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sammy, thanks for the laugh. I heard about that research. Gives a whole new meaning to "out the front" :wink: