Gun and Knife show

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JAGMAN

Gun and Knife show

Post by JAGMAN »

I went to a local gun and knife show in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl today - switchblades on display for sale, and at every table customers were asking "are these legal" and the answer was a resounding yes, legal to own and carry in Fl. I dont know if its true or not, but there were plenty of cops, both on and off duty,not batting any eyelids.
At one point I heard a guy say to his young son - put that knife down and come over here, guns are much safer than knives.
I had to have a little chuckle over this but then I thought that kids today dont carry knives anymore - they carry guns, and that thought stifled my laugh.
Picked up a few knives, a protec m1 tanto being the best one.
All in all a good day, I have to go back tomorrow to collect a couple of items I put on lay a way as I spent the money I took with me very quickly :wink: ......
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
The Falcon

Re: Gun and Knife show

Post by The Falcon »

JAGMAN wrote:At one point I heard a guy say to his young son - put that knife down and come over here, guns are much safer than knives.
And because you can be neither cut nor shot with them, hand grenades are even safer. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Claudester

Re: Gun and Knife show

Post by Claudester »

The Falcon wrote:
JAGMAN wrote:At one point I heard a guy say to his young son - put that knife down and come over here, guns are much safer than knives.
And because you can be neither cut nor shot with them, hand grenades are even safer. :wink:
Mr. Falcon,

I sure do like the way you think. :lol:

Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

As disturbing as the fact is, I do think getting a hold of guns is a easy as getting a hold of knives for our youths these days.
I don't think most kids these days have the guts to throw down or *lol* talk over their differences anymore, so they go straight for an end all.
Maybe thats why this great world is heading down hill eh?

Just my opinions though, don't fry me for em. . .

~HTML
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It doesn't matter what the item is, it's the idiot behind it that is dangerous.
fulloflead

Post by fulloflead »

Vagrant wrote:It doesn't matter what the item is, it's the idiot behind it that is dangerous.
I agree and I'll tell you something else... and I might be inviting a flame here, but I think I can defend it...

Any coward punk degenerate can point a gun at someone (often held sideways) from far away and pull the trigger, but it takes a SPECIAL kind of violent personality to walk up to someone and stick a sharp object into their body.

For this reason, I've always thought knife assaults are more violent crimes than shootings.
---
Build a man a fire;
keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire;
keep him warm for
the rest of his life.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

fulloflead wrote: Any coward punk degenerate can point a gun at someone (often held sideways)
Yeah! Who started that sideways handgun stance anyway? :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

fulloflead wrote:
Vagrant wrote:It doesn't matter what the item is, it's the idiot behind it that is dangerous.
I agree and I'll tell you something else... and I might be inviting a flame here, but I think I can defend it...

Any coward punk degenerate can point a gun at someone (often held sideways) from far away and pull the trigger, but it takes a SPECIAL kind of violent personality to walk up to someone and stick a sharp object into their body.

For this reason, I've always thought knife assaults are more violent crimes than shootings.
Not much to disagree with, we could add ideas on what to do with the violent subhumans that do these things.