Oh Baby Oh Baby! SKM came through today, my first order!!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Cooter

Oh Baby Oh Baby! SKM came through today, my first order!!

Post by Cooter »

Okay, wife says, "You gotta package. It's from Italy...".
Long pause...
I say, "Oh?". "Hmmm...".
Another long pause, she says, "What is it?".
I say, "Oh, um, just a couple of pocket knives I wanted.".
She says, "You gotta pocket knife or 10 already!".
I say, "Not like these...".

So I open 'em up and SKM sent me a bonus knife! Very cool, well wrapped and awesome! I gotta 13" green frostwood stiletto...an 8" multicolored frostwood leverlock and they sent me little leverlock with a 2 1/4 inch blade for free apparently. I'm stoked!

I show 'em to the wife, she's like, those musta cost a 1000.00...I say not even, and I got you a little one dear, she likes the small one. But, clever woman, says, " You can't carry these anywhere...".

California law, I need to find the latest and greatest and what's CA legal.
Any good links to law? I"ll search google later, I read a link or two in postings awhile back but can't find again.

I'm stoked! And, I've got 3 bids on BA right now. I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like the leverlock, it's FAST, it's rock solid, way sharp and just damn purty. Okay, I'm through babbling! Very cool..I want a stand of some type for my 13"....
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Mr. Cooter-
Opening up new toys is ever so fun! All the better when the ones you ordered turn out to be good ones--and then a bonus!? Sweet! You must have been very well behaved in a previous life.
While there are much more useful legal resources that often reside herein, my understanding is that any auto under two inches is CA legal. I'm sure you will get additional input and links. I do believe there is an area of BF that is represented as being oriented toward legal issues.

...stuph
sheep-free since '93'...
Cooter

Thanks Ratstuph

Post by Cooter »

Previous life, maybe. This life? Only my attorney knows...

Yep, you're correct, under 2" is legal for CA, I've been reading quite a bit the last couple of hours.
I also found an excellent link any others in CA may wish to review, seems very comprehensive...

Also lists a number of interesting knives at the bottome of the article and the authors "review" of each of them. Some of you may have feedback, I dunno...

http://www.equalccw.com/knifelaw.html
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Cooter,

That's a very interesting link. I agree with the writer that the Cold Steel Vaquero Grande is one of the scariest knives you can carry in your pocket! :shock:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

very cool mr. cooter...
I have not had a package from italy in some time... I shall have to remedy that soon. :D
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Cooter,

It has been written here a few times before, but it is worth repeating: Doesn't the anticipation of the package and the thrill of opening it bring back childhood Christmas memories?

Jim
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Jim,

ABSOLUTELY! :D
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Now that you have your first order, i'm certain it won't your last. Welcome to the addiction. :wink: :D :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Do not attempt to treat an addiction, FEED IT.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

The springblade addiction is so much better than my former addiction. No matter how many knives I buy, I never throw up or wreck my car. :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I collect so many addictions I don't get really addicted to any of them before it's time for the next one.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

The way CA law is written:

You may legally possess an automatic knife in a private place, property or non-passenger area of a motor vehicle with a blade under or over 2"

You may not legally possess, sell, carry an automatic/switchblade knife in a public place or passenger area of a motor vechile unless the blade is under 2"

This is how Protech makes autos with a blade over 2" legally in CA.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

BTW: Your hooked, there's no stopping it. Give in! All the cool kids do it! :twisted:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

J-man wrote:BTW: Your hooked, there's no stopping it. Give in! All the cool kids do it! :twisted:
That's why I started jerking off! How'd you know, someone told me all the cool kids did it. Just wanted to fit in, now I'm a hunchbacked, hairypalmed myopic social outcast.

Can I blame it on switchblades or that ugly little incident at the petting zoo? It's a mystery to me how the goat chow got in my underwear.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"That's why I started jerking off! How'd you know, someone told me all the cool kids did it. Just wanted to fit in, now I'm a hunchbacked, hairypalmed myopic social outcast. "

At least we had enough sense to stop when we needed glasses!!!