Randall fixed blade knives

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Randall fixed blade knives

Post by missaman »

These things get pretty pricey
so why??
Missaman
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Missaman
Randalls have remained pretty stable price wise. Bo started under Scagel
back in the 30's maybe 40's. He made a damn good knife of 0-1. He supplied a lot of WWII servicemen with knives. Over the years his shop became a benchmade shop which means different people working did different aspects of the knife. His #1 fighter is one of my favorites. He never deviated on his knives unless you put in a custom order but Bo had stopped making them himself while training his son Gary. Bo passed in 1994 (correct me if I'm wrong) and Gary has been running the shop with Pete (whose last name escapes me at the moment) who was always the shop foreman. Pete retired in the late 90's but would travel to all the knife shows with a Randall exibit and lecture. I believe he co-Authored the Randall coffe table book. Bo was also instrumental in bringing Swedish Svandick Steel over which they still use if you order stainless. Randalls are like a knife part of history. The prices on older one are subject to the same type of money picks are. But to buy one brand new(6 mos wait) they are very reasonable I think the #1 in carbon depending on other materials is around $300 which today is a bargain. So in answer to your question you might have been looking at more collectable ones which cost more money.
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

Thanks Mr. P.B.