Chefs Knife Length ?

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
netnut

Chefs Knife Length ?

Post by netnut »

Given the choice of these chefs knife blade lengths which would you choose and why: 210mm(8.2677")---240mm(9.4488")---270mm(10.6299")---300mm(11.8110") Thanks for all replies
I LIKE TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND UNTIL THE BREEZE GETS TOO STRONG
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

If only one .....
I'd go with the 9 1/2 .
it gives you a wide range of use with out being too big or too small for most jobs.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

For me, I like a bit more heft. Let the knife do some of the work. So if it would have to be one, I would go for the 270mm. The 300mm is probably too big for all but the most dedicated chopper.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you can afford two of them get the small and the large, if you go with just one get the mid size :idea:
karachifoods

Re:

Post by karachifoods »

natcherly wrote:For me, I like a bit more heft. Let the knife do some of the work. So if it would have to be one, I would go for the 270mm. The 300mm is probably too big for all but the most dedicated chopper.
yeah definitely thanks dear . 8)
thomascarlsson6

Re: Chefs Knife Length ?

Post by thomascarlsson6 »

I believe that knives with longer lengths are more versatile. So I will go with 300mm length chef knife.
thomascarlsson6

Re: Chefs Knife Length ?

Post by thomascarlsson6 »

A 300mm chef knife is really very good. I am very satisfied with its performance which I bought from this store: http://www.vikingsun.se/produkt-kategor ... ivar_stal/