gourmet chef mean

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
xulesaa

gourmet chef mean

Post by xulesaa »

spam deleted
Last edited by xulesaa on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: gourmet chef mean

Post by natcherly »

A knife forum is a rather strange place to be asking this type of question. My guess would be this: a gourmet chef has superior palate, creativity and skill. These attributes distinguish him/her from a short-order or line cook who can only prepare relatively simple things no matter what their level of formal education. Check with your school's placement service for more info.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

natcherly wrote:A knife forum is a rather strange place to be asking this type of question. My guess would be this: a gourmet chef has superior palate, creativity and skill. These attributes distinguish him/her from a short-order or line cook who can only prepare relatively simple things no matter what their level of formal education. Check with your school's placement service for more info.
I would add that the term is usually given by Fine eating establishment to their main or head Chef :idea:
There may be schools that give a degree saying you are, BUT for anyone [important] to accept it, it really has to earned and acknowledged by others, in the field :!:
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Je suis gourmand, pas de gourmet! (And spell checker, keep your filthy hands off my French.)
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."