This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ironworker

Post by ironworker »

welcome shooter.. heres a cpl pics that may be of interest to you.
spanish pistol in .32 winchester, circa 1920..eibar,spain..and a few of my knives.
enjoy the forum.
later,Perry.
jpg]Image[/URL]
"Nothing matters very much,and very few things,matter at all"...author unkown
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

ironworker wrote:welcome shooter.. heres a cpl pics that may be of interest to you.
spanish pistol in .32 winchester, circa 1920..eibar,spain..and a few of my knives.
enjoy the forum.
later,Perry.
jpg]Image[/URL]
.32 WCF [Winchester Center Fire] aka .32-20 a serious .32 :wink:
The Spanish took a strong liking to it :!:
ironworker

Post by ironworker »

yes indeed. Nice piece. It's hard to believe that cops once carried a .32 as a sidearm. even the .32 you pictured..has very little stopping power comparitvly to what cops carry nowdays.
funny how things change.
later,P
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The .32-20 is a step up from other .32s :!: In times past a high velocity round [for rifles] could be used in large/strong frame revolvers, such as Colts Single Action Army, S&W N frames etc. :idea: In a suitable pistol this gave power superior to a .38 S&W probaly even a .38 Special :idea:
I wouldn't dream of stuffing one of these Hi-Vel rounds into any of these Spanish Guns :!: [doubtful you'll find any]!
ironworker

Post by ironworker »

I know little to nothing about my spanish pistol. It is in exelent conditon though and ammo is available in .32 wincester.
Ive never fired it. what do you think Vagrant,as to value?
thumbnails arnt the best..taken with a webcam
,later,P
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Spanish made several versions of these guns. Some were virtual Colt copies, others copied S&W. Even others had features of both :?
Colt copies had a cylinder latch you pulled back to open and the cylinder rotated clockwise viewed from tha back[firing position]. S&W copies rotated counter-clockwise and you pushed the latch forward to open.
The often are etched as chambered for various .32s [.32 Win, .32 centerfire, .32 etc] virtuall all I have seen are chambered for the .32 WCF [.32-20] a .32 Winchester special is a rifle round and twice as long as the cylinders on these. The guns have a bad reputaion largely because when the Hi-Velocity [rifle only] round was made people would stuff them into their pistol, for extra power, and turn it into a pipe-bomb. Many of them survived this abuse and continued to give years of service, but the ones that didn't tainted the reputation of the rest. Avoid any "Hi-velocity" .32-20 rounds you might find at a gun-show and you'll have no problems.
Despite the poor reputation, I like them and few revolvers made today are as tight as my .32-20 8) For just "bumming around" in the woods [or shooting some cans] they are GREAT :idea:
Value is always low but utility is top notch, so shoot it and enjoy it :wink:
ironworker

Post by ironworker »

Thanks for the info. I might just clean this up and go shoot it.
this one says .32 winchester CIGS?
Do you know what thaT stands for?..see pic
later,P