Knife Forums. How many are there??

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
horizonod

Knife Forums. How many are there??

Post by horizonod »

We all know about BF, KF. Holics and Talkblade but I see mention of other knife forums from time to time. (skf, bladelynx etc)

Can you guys, or gals, list the URLs to other purely knife related forums you enjoy.

Please give some particulars about the forum as well, IE: is it "invitation only", does it deal with all knives or only certain types, is the atmosphere relaxed or stickupthebuttish etc?

Thanks

I hear things about some new sling guard or fling guard forum. Watsup witdat? :D

Is it my imagination or has posting slowed down here recently?? Where you guys at? :wink:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
sammy da blade

x

Post by sammy da blade »

horizonod, seems pretty slow here today! there is a bladeplay.com that has a forum, and a store. they sell some of the higher quality knives and a bunch of cheap shit too. a little high priced in my opinion. swinguard is starting a forum, don't kow whether it's up yet or not. claudster has a forum by invitation only, which is one of my favorites, not many rules there and it's not full of snobs! send me a pm and i'll send you the particulars for it. have i done business with you?
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
mr_edge

Re: x

Post by mr_edge »

sammy da blade wrote: have i done business with you?
everyone's done biz with him!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Stilettos With or Without a Button is a new one; invitation only. A lot like this group only smaller.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Claudester

Re: x

Post by Claudester »

mr_edge wrote:
sammy da blade wrote: have i done business with you?
everyone's done biz with him!
Mr._Edge,
Now when you say everyone, I don't believe I have! Or have I? :roll:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Claudster...by the number of pics you post I would guess that you have bought from just about everyone. :wink:
Milu

Post by Milu »

Usual Suspect Network -a bit cliqueish, but has some interesting posts and posters.

TSF, Ramanon and Jerzeedevil I think everyone here knows as well.

Britishblades (I think it's called that) in the UK

Spyderco has an active and intelligent forum on their website.

Badlands forums for hideaways etc

Knifeshop has some forums

There are also European forums in German, Italian and I think French.

And then we can start looking at the "tactical" type forums and reenacment and etc etc etc
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

This seems like a good forum to me, just a little slow right now. So what's it take to liven it up a little? How about FREE KNIVES. And by that I mean to liberate them. You didn't really think I was going to be giving away knives did you? :mrgreen:
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Xarathos,
That's actually a great idea that is done on other forums. I member donates a knife to be given away as a prize. I notice that the posts increase and brings the group together.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

Well now that you mention it Claudster it might increase posts, but would that last? A sponsor or dealer member that donates a knife to be raffled for a cause, or given away in a contest would be great. Any takers?
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Xarathos wrote:Well now that you mention it Claudster it might increase posts, but would that last? A sponsor or dealer member that donates a knife to be raffled for a cause, or given away in a contest would be great. Any takers?
Xarathos,
I'm not talkin about a sponsor or a dealer member. I'm talkin about any member. I'm in a forum where a member pops up and says, lets have a contest, here's a knife. It wood be nice it dealers or sponsors would do this but it is not necessary. It also doesn't have to be a microtech or a F.B blade, just a knife.
Flippin

Post by Flippin »

If you're still looking for other knife forums, there's also Balisongforums.com. Should be fairly straightforward what they discuss... ;)

It's a smallish group, but people are friendly and knowlegeable. I believe they're sponsored by 888knivesrus.com.

Good place to go if you enjoy a bit of swinging... no, not that that type of swinging! :lol:

Cheers,

Flippin
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Claudester wrote:Xarathos,
That's actually a great idea that is done on other forums. I member donates a knife to be given away as a prize. I notice that the posts increase and brings the group together.
A contest or even a Raffle.

That's a great idea Claudster and Xanthros.

It dosen't have to be an auto or even a knife really. It also doesn't have to be donated to the forum. The RAFFLE format seems to work well on other forums. Many member of other forums just put up stuff they think people might like. They usually allow 10 people to enter and devide the price of the item by 10. Then the participants get a number (0-9) in the order they sign up for the raffle. Once the raffle is full a "drawing day" is announced (usually the day after payments are all in). To be totally fair the party offering the item stipulates a state pick 3 lottery of their choice and states whether the winning # will be the first second or third digit in the winning pick 3.

As an example: A person raffles a knife worth $150.00. He stipulates the winning # is the second number of the California state pick 3 lotto the day after all payments have been received. There would be 10 spots sold for $15.00 each. When everybody is paid up it is announced that tomorrow 1-28-05 is the drawing day.

If Cal state pick 3 is 448 then #4 wins a $150.00 item for $15.00 and everybody had fun for not allot of money.

It's fair, fun and can't be fudged. I've seem everything from candles to pocket bikes raffled. Ssometimes the proceeds, or part of them, are donated to the site, sometimes it's another good cause and sometimes it's just something cool from a member. Many times a maker might put up one of there creations to introduce their product to people.

How do we git er done??>

Maybe swinguard or FB might put up a Diamondback? :shock:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

This sounds mysteriously like the TBF Passarounds... :smile:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:This sounds mysteriously like the TBF Passarounds... :smile:
That sounds like something that scoundrel SD would come up with :lol:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers