Benchmade bali knockoff

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
1tommygun82

Benchmade bali knockoff

Post by 1tommygun82 »

Hey guys I bought a knockoff BM bali a few years back to practice flipping and never really got any better at it so im trying to sell it make an offer as it is not a real benchmade. It is a solid knife really good quality for a fake and razor sharp.
Attachments
bali 3.jpg (376.3 KiB) Viewed 5018 times
1tommygun82

Re: Benchmade bali knockoff

Post by 1tommygun82 »

logo
Attachments
bali 2.jpg (469.23 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
1tommygun82

Post by 1tommygun82 »

Butterfly
Attachments
get-attachment.jpg (469.35 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
skylarlee2

Post by skylarlee2 »

Pm sent
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

did not Jmack get banned for doing this EXACT same thing? Accept with an infidel clone.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

dark2023 wrote:did not Jmack get banned for doing this EXACT same thing? Accept with an infidel clone.

Was Jmack trying to pass the clone off as the real thing? Or had he had previous infractions?

I just looked though the selling rules and I didn't see anything about clones. I know they are not allowed on the SD auction site but I didn't see anything here. Of course, if there is an unwritten rule, or it is just considered something that should go without saying (or I missed where it is written), then it shouldn't be allowed. But it certainly couldn't warrant more than a removal of this WTS thread for the current seller.

Or am I misunderstanding what you were saying?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote:did not Jmack get banned for doing this EXACT same thing? Accept with an infidel clone.
JimBrown wrote:Was Jmack trying to pass the clone off as the real thing? Or had he had previous infractions?

I just looked though the selling rules and I didn't see anything about clones. I know they are not allowed on the SD auction site but I didn't see anything here. Of course, if there is an unwritten rule, or it is just considered something that should go without saying (or I missed where it is written), then it shouldn't be allowed. But it certainly couldn't warrant more than a removal of this WTS thread for the current seller.

Or am I misunderstanding what you were saying?
From what I remember, the whole JMack brouhaha concerned the deliberate importation of known counterfeits, not clones. There was never any intention by Mr. JMack to intentionally deceive. I think the worry by some members was that subsequent owners might not be so honest.

This is how I remember things, but I could be all wetness. Iff'n I am I mos' humbly apologize in advancement...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

And was Jmack banned for this?

My intention was (and still is) defending TommyGun as I don't think he did anything wrong (at least not intentionally).

Anyways, the concern about what happens with the clone after it makes its way to its new owner is a legitimate one that I hadn't considered.

I have a fake Benchmade trainer butterfly and I have been wondering what the etiquette is for a responsible collector in this situation. I don't plan to sell it but should I sand the Benchmade logo off it anyways in case some burglars get it or something like that?

EDIT: Here is the low-down on the Jmack and the Fakidels (emphasis on 'low'): http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17587
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

This is not a clone but rather a counterfeiter as it is marked to appear like a true benchmade.
I'm not saying that we should ban 1tommygun82 at all, instead I am asking why was Jmack banned for this?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote:This is not a clone but rather a counterfeiter as it is marked to appear like a true benchmade.
I'm not saying that we should ban 1tommygun82 at all, instead I am asking why was Jmack banned for this?
Darkness,

If you were here you know there was more to it than that. Why are you trying to stir-up s**t?
Oh, I forgot - That's who you are. That's what you do...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

dark2023 wrote:This is not a clone but rather a counterfeiter as it is marked to appear like a true benchmade.
I read that thread (the one to which I linked in my previous post) and got the impression that Jmack was pushing it with continuously importing fakes that he was selling to people who were very likely going to try to pass them off as real.

Of course, the same thing could happen with the knife in the OP here but TG is just selling one. I think it's kind of a critical mass issue.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I guess so, I'm not trying to stir shit up, it just seems horribly unbalanced here.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here is a quote from that thread (by TurboDog) which, I feel, sums up the problem people had with what Jmack was doing:
he is an importer/dealer who is touting a counterfeit as being unrecognizable from the real deal, and letting us know he is about to buy "a lot of these" so that (we can only assume) he can sell them on the open market.
It's pretty clear that TommyGun isn't doing that. He just has one fake that was already here. He is not importing them to add the fakes to the market.

At least, that is my thoughts on the matter.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I do see the difference no matter how minute it may be
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

dark2023 wrote:I do see the difference no matter how minute it may be
Do you mean you see the difference between the real Benchmade and the fake or the difference between Jmack's situation and TG's?