Any Rizutto clones for sale?

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

Re: Any Rizutto clones for sale?

Post by john »

Hi Everyone,
I think I might have grabbed the last one BladePlay had in stock at the time yesterday. I almost didn't buy it because it was Korean and not Japanese, but for less than $19.00 and free shipping; I went for it. It should be here in about a week. I'll post a photo. I would really like to get one form Japan. I'm sure that at some point one will come up for sale, but I'll probably be a day late or a dollar short.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

They are fun to play with. Every one that I've ever seen has loose guards and a fast blade.

john

Post by john »

~Chad wrote:They are fun to play with. Every one that I've ever seen has loose guards and a fast blade.

Hi Chad,
For the money who could ask for anything more. I need more toys.
John
John

~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

:D you're right John! I still want a 10 incher korean. Gunner has one, and I've been looking for one for quite some time, they are getting to be pretty rare.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

john6553 wrote:For the money who could ask for anything more. I need more toys.
John
If I had seen that link before they sold out I woulda bought at least 5 of them.
~Chad wrote::D you're right John! I still want a 10 incher korean. Gunner has one, and I've been looking for one for quite some time, they are getting to be pretty rare.
I've been looking for one for a while too. They appear so often in movies I've even gone so far as to look on movie memorabilia sites for ones that were meant as movie props. Still no luck though.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
john

Post by john »

BTB0923 wrote:
john6553 wrote:For the money who could ask for anything more. I need more toys.
John
If I had seen that link before they sold out I woulda bought at least 5 of them.
~Chad wrote::D you're right John! I still want a 10 incher korean. Gunner has one, and I've been looking for one for quite some time, they are getting to be pretty rare.
I've been looking for one for a while too. They appear so often in movies I've even gone so far as to look on movie memorabilia sites for ones that were meant as movie props. Still no luck though.
I had no idea there was such a high demand for these knives :shock: . If had know :idea: I would have purchased all that I could have afforded :twisted: :!:. Oh wait :roll: I did get one :lol: .
John

gunner

Post by gunner »

Don't worry, I didn't buy any :lol: It's very cool that Bladeplay got more of the 8 1/2" Koreans in-stock. That's the 3rd time, if you missed out just go on his email list to be notified when he gets more, it will happen again I'm sure. I went through a pile via an eBay seller to find the one 8 1/2" gem I own today. The experience was probably the most childish switchblade fun I've ever had. Some flung the kickspring across the room upon opening, some had aged brown glue residue permanently blemishing the scales. Some didn't lock open, some peeked. I'm not an experienced knife sharpener but was able to easily get these sharp enough to shave hairs. Threw them into trees just to watch them flex back and forth on impact. It was cool having a bunch of knives I didn't care about. I sold the whole lot "used & abused" described exactly like they were and they held their value remarkably...though I do regret getting rid of all those :oops:
But I must announce I did score the little step bolster rizzy pictured earlier (without stepping on anyones toes) 8) WooHoo!!
SPRINGER KÖNIG
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

gunner wrote:But I must announce I did score the little step bolster rizzy pictured earlier (without stepping on anyones toes) 8) WooHoo!!
Congrats! I almost sent him an offer but I've already got one in that size. That one looks to be in better condition than mine though.
Last edited by BTB0923 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Say, I wonder if Sprite saw this and finally got the Korean clone he so desperately needed. :lol:
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

BTB0923 wrote:Say, I wonder if Sprite saw this and finally got the Korean clone he so desperately needed. :lol:
:twisted:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
john

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,
Mine was it today's mail. It's just like Chad said, lose guards and a fast blade. The blade locks up fair tight very,very little movement. The flat button works as it should opens and closes the knife and the safety works too. It looks exactly like ones in Chad's photos. The stamp reads Stainless Steel and under that Korea.
It's a fun knife for sure. I'll try and post a photo. My cell phone camera isn't all that good, but I'll give it a shot.
John
John

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Hey Thats Benders knife from The Breakfeast Club! :lol:
I like the look of them, it's just that every movie, video or show I've seen them in the guards noticably "scissor".
It Doesn't seem to happen to the Japanese versions as often but they all have their own issues usually.
Leverlock switchblades
john

Post by john »

Jeff_75 wrote:Hey Thats Benders knife from The Breakfeast Club! :lol:
I like the look of them, it's just that every movie, video or show I've seen them in the guards noticably "scissor".
It Doesn't seem to happen to the Japanese versions as often but they all have their own issues usually.
I was thinking of hammering them so they didn't "scissor" as much or at all.
John

BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

john6553 wrote:
I did that to one that I had with really loose guards. You just have to be careful not to hammer the pin too tight, so they remain loose enough to still fall flat against the top bolster.
john

Post by john »

BTB0923 wrote:
john6553 wrote:
I did that to one that I had with really loose guards. You just have to be careful not to hammer the pin too tight, so they are still loose enough to fall flat on the bolster.
Hi Jeff,
I'll tap and check until it's better. I need to learn to leave well enough alone. Often, I say just one more and that's enough to mess things up.
Thanks for the tip; I need all the advice I can get. We all have to start somewhere.
Thanks again,
John
John