SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

SHOULD THE SALE OF CLONES BE ALLOWED ON THE FORUM IF DISCLOSED AS BEING CLONES?

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes: 38

blades1860

SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

Post by blades1860 »

SHOULD THE MARKETING AND SALE OF CLONES/COUNTERFEITS BE ALLOWED ON THE FORUM IF THEY ARE CLEARLY DESCRIBED AS COPIES OF THE REAL KNIFE AND SOLD AS COLLECTION CURIOS ONLY?
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Re: SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

Post by hogwild »

No, they are theft. Some "greedy capitalist" invested his time, sweat, and money to create and develop the original product. Theft of a man's property in any form is theft. Your products aren't just "clones" they have trademarked markings designed to pass off a substandard product, produced by another mans genius, time and money. Ask Bill how much he likes having his Leverletto cloned (stolen). There's nothing to prevent them from being resold to other unsuspecting buyers.

A man of character wouldn't even consider such a proposition. Further; I doubt that the sponsors of this site would want any possible liability from the sale of stolen intellectual property on this site they so kindly pay for. In an earlier time we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

hogwild wrote: A man of character wouldn't even consider such a proposition. Further; I doubt that the sponsors of this site would want any possible liability from the sale of stolen intellectual property on this site they so kindly pay for. In an earlier time we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Finally. Someone with a modicum of intellectual prowess has posted. Hogwild I wish to thank you for bringing to my attention the possibility of the forum sponsors being sued. You are absolutely right and I was wrong to post the MTs. I will heed your good advice and not post the Cold Steel, Benchmades, SOGs, Spyderco, Paragon, Piranha, F. Beltrames, AKCs, Bokers, Pro-Techs, Pardue, Al Mar, etc. clones that I possess. Mind you I will be reporting on the other clones and counterfeits that I see and have seen for sale in the Buy and Sell section. Maybe The Vagrant will be kind enough to delete my MT threads. I'm sure that will make his day. Again, Hogwild, thank you.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

blades1860 wrote:
hogwild wrote: A man of character wouldn't even consider such a proposition. Further; I doubt that the sponsors of this site would want any possible liability from the sale of stolen intellectual property on this site they so kindly pay for. In an earlier time we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
You are absolutely right and I was wrong to post the MTs. I will heed your good advice and not post the Cold Steel, Benchmades, SOGs, Spyderco, Paragon, Piranha, F. Beltrames, AKCs, Bokers, Pro-Techs, Pardue, Al Mar, etc. clones that I possess
Are they ALL counterfeits, with patent, trademark, and copyright violations ????
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Vagrant wrote:
blades1860 wrote:
You are absolutely right and I was wrong to post the MTs. I will heed your good advice and not post the Cold Steel, Benchmades, SOGs, Spyderco, Paragon, Piranha, F. Beltrames, AKCs, Bokers, Pro-Techs, Pardue, Al Mar, etc. clones that I possess
Are they ALL counterfeits, with patent, trademark, and copyright violations ????
Yup! Personal collection. Top quality. Why buy Lightnings when I can have something better. Now you are gonna love this: I pay 10 to 15 dollars for the MTs that are pictured in my original post. I order them from my girl in China and I have them in 3 days. I have knife wholesalers and online dealers in the US begging me to tell them where I get them but I won't because I know they will pass them off as the real deal. There are only 1 or 2 dealers that I will buy brand name from because I know they are genuine.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Not a productive post. Gonna edit it to reduce my showing of ignorance
Last edited by hogwild on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

hogwild wrote:Let me get this clear- 1 or 2 brand name genuine clones? Do you understand how screwed up that statement is?

And where the Fool do you think you are? You come on here trolling horsepuckey stuff from chinagapistahn and then start throwing barbs at folks, we don't even know who the Fool you are!

Reporting stuff about buy and sell to who-dipstick?

You are just another re-incarnation of some other pantywaist troll. I've looked at your few posts and your little commie butt-buddy who has your back. You guys are a real piece of work. I miss the good old days when low life had their arse handed to them behind the bar for such bullbleep behavior.
Hey Cracker take a pill! What's the matter? Your cousin cheating on you with another woman? Now fuck off and leave me alone. You probably miss the days when your ilk were called 'massah' too. You want to start a pissing contest you've come to the right guy. I guess my little commie butt-buddy was right about you. Actually he was right on the mark. I was wondering when you were going to crawl out from under your rock. Do you have any idea how foolish your post was? Try reading it without moving your lips.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

as long as they are sold as clones, there isn't a damn thing wrong with it.
anyone who plans on dropping hundreds of dollars on a knife purchase should see the knife in person.
you don't buy a tractor without driving it, and you don't borrow money without knowing what the interest will be.

we all know that microtech is a fine knife maker. but how cool would it be to have a mid-grade auto of the same specs as its real microtech version???
imagine, your 6061 T6 handle with s30v blade next to a 330 steel handle with a 440c steel blade. you know which is which even though they are both marked microtech.
i don't know...
for me this whole argument is black and white. stealing is NOT what you can accuse blade1860 of. if he started selling these as MTs then vagrant and the rest of you corn pones would be spot on.
but reality is, this guy approached us all friendly and honest. and you guys started playing the card of judgment and accused him of misleading and misinforming people, even though he did the exact opposite.
which leads me to believe that perhaps you guys are just assholes. prove me wrong!!!
I'll soon be pre-law, in my studies, and so far there is no law that has been broken here. and unless the ATF intercepts a weapon being shipped over the border, which would be impossible without a U.S. court affidavit which would then lead to the acquiring of a search warrant, which would then give them the right to approach the postal carrier and notify them that they are going to seize a package and determine its criminality. but with economic decline and terrorism, you really think they give a damn about an autoknife that some collector or cop is attempting to own??? so, to assume that some Canadian seller will be prosecuted, and then in-turn would site this forum as an on-line location designated with intent to sell and distribute knives fabricated and imported to deceive a buyer into thinking they were getting a knife from a maker and not from an importer... then there could be legal action taken by microtech against this forum and against blade1860. but that is NOT what has happened, and it seems as though blade1860 has never had it in his intentions to deceive anyone who may be a potential buyer.
so screw you guys.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

*this post has been edited / censored for grandpa*
--Even though free speech is what keeps us from being a fascist state,
I respect those who ask things in a respectful way, and I hope I've not
offended anyone past the extent of mutuality. Therefor, I have erased
my slander, even though I feel as though my words were justified.
Respectfully,
Louis Free
Last edited by FreeTheArmy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. blades1860
This poll is dishonest. The real question is not "Clones" but "Counterfeits". There is a world of difference, which you seem not to appreciate. Amazing for a former LEO. I marvel at your brass.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

natcherly wrote:Mr. blades1860
This poll is dishonest. The real question is not "Clones" but "Counterfeits". There is a world of difference, which you seem not to appreciate. Amazing for a former LEO. I marvel at your brass.
Obviously you don't know the definition of clone or counterfeit. A counterfeit would be something I am trying to defraud someone by purporting it is the real thing. I am not doing that. A clone is a copy or replica. At best I'm guilty of copy right infringement. No big deal where I sit. I guess if Mom had stayed in Canada you would have received a better education and we wouldn't be debating clone vs counterfeit. How is Mom by the way. Do you have her eyes or mine?
You are right about having brass. They are big and brassy. Ask Mom. ( I guess you must regret bringing your Mom into this discussion. I love big targets. Thanks Natcherly.)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

blades1860 wrote:
natcherly wrote:Mr. blades1860
Obviously you don't know the definition of clone or counterfeit. A counterfeit would be something I am trying to defraud someone by purporting it is the real thing. I am not doing that. A clone is a copy or replica. At best I'm guilty of copy right infringement. No big deal where I sit. I guess if Mom had stayed in Canada you would have received a better education and we wouldn't be debating clone vs counterfeit. How is Mom by the way. Do you have her eyes or mine?
You are right about having brass. They are big and brassy. Ask Mom. ( I guess you must regret bringing your Mom into this discussion. I love big targets. Thanks Natcherly.)
You are definitely showing your true colors here. You are dealing with counterfeit goods, pure and simple. You admit that you are guilty of copy right infringement but that doesn't seem to bother you at all. Simply amazing. FYI, I mentioned my Mom to illustrate the difference between people such as yourself, and Canadians who actually have a sense of ethics. In her case it is "had" as she died 20 years ago, but thanks for your crude comment.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Sorry Natcherly. I stepped over the line. Truly sorry. I also understand your position and also your opinion of me. I respect you for your beliefs.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I'm also a Canadian and have been collecting for over 25 years. I would also classify these as counterfeits. Your seller may or not be passing these off as the real stuff, but a novice will never know the difference and that is theft.
I'm am guilty of buying clones, as most of us have done but only to finance our hobby and sell them as clones. :oops:
Counterfeiting is theft. If you copy a DVD and sell it as an original, are you not stealing!!!!!
Have been on your website, and you have some clones, but don't see the word clone mentioned in your description for sale. :roll: :shock:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
redeye

Post by redeye »

these are not clones but a blatant attempt to deceive and steal from the rightful owners of the patents that are being copied, poor form I say.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}