WTB: bemchmade bali-trainer

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
junior

WTB: bemchmade bali-trainer

Post by junior »

WTB: bemchmade bali-trainer. Does anyone have a used one they're looking to unload. pm me
In A Dog Eat Dog World, Be A Wolf
sandbar

Re: WTB: bemchmade bali-trainer

Post by sandbar »

Buy a cheap china butterfly from a website and then use a dremmel or file to make the blade dull. You can always wrap some paper around the blade and then use a piece of duct tape to save those fingers. Just a thought. you will also sve big bucks to.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Phil Elmore

Post by Phil Elmore »

Paper and duct tape are a poor temporary fix -- they invariably either fail or screw up the weight of the blade. I like the first suggestion better. There are cheap trainers on the market, some of them even available from Amazon (do a search for "balisong"). A cheap trainer is something you're just going to beat to hell anyway.
- Phil Elmore

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I'd recommend a Spyderfly Smallfly Trainer made by Spyderco. Very nice and well balanced piece of art. I have the trainer and the smallfly live blade and I love them both.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Hi Junior!...hope you are liking your balisong.

I put a strip of blue painters tape along the edge for practicing. Its effective at not getting you cut, and does NOT mess up the weight of the blade really at all. Much cheaper then buying a trainer.
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

by Phil Elmore on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:23 am

Paper and duct tape are a poor temporary fix -- they invariably either fail or screw up the weight of the blade. I like the first suggestion better. There are cheap trainers on the market, some of them even available from Amazon (do a search for "balisong"). A cheap trainer is something you're just going to beat to hell anyway.
You can find cheap "china" trainers and they weight more, than the idea I suggested. Leaf spring steel LOL and they also cost more. I will have to agree with you Phil, certain flips probably would be difficult to perform, while using the idea I offered, however, if one can manipulate a butterfly, to the level of said flips, one has no need for a trainer.

I had no trouble with the paper / duct tape method, back in the day, when trainers weren't available.

I also, by no means am saying mine is the only idea. I just know, it worked for me.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
junior

Post by junior »

hey chris i'm lovin the benchmade, it still amazes me how solid of a knife this is. i've taped the blade but although this makes it cut proof it does not make it drop proof also i can't use it in more publc places for fear of.. well you know, where as i could use a trainer with little worry. (by public i don't mean on the bus or subway but on my lunch break etc.) thanks.
In A Dog Eat Dog World, Be A Wolf