11" F. Beltrame Stag Swinguard + 13" AKC Stiletto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gfhoward

11" F. Beltrame Stag Swinguard + 13" AKC Stiletto

Post by gfhoward »

Here we have two large Italian-made switchblades.

First up is an authentic Frank Beltrame 11" stag swinguard. The genuine stag scales on this knife are outstanding. Flat button. The usual safety. Fires perfectly. Stamped "FRANK B, ITALY." The knife is in excellent condition and retains its factory edge. The pictures are of the actual knife you will receive. Asking $180. Thank you.

gfhoward

Re: 11" F. Beltrame Stag Swinguard + 13" AKC Stiletto

Post by gfhoward »

Next up is a 13” AKC stiletto in purple Pearlex. Bolster release mechanism where you depress one side of the bolster to unhinge the lock. Fires perfectly. In excellent condition with original factory edge. Stamped "AKC, Made in Italy." The pictures are of the actual knife you will receive. Asking $120. Thank you.

gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

Hey guys, a member has been kind enough to let me know that my prices are a little on the high side. Since I don't deal with these knives very often, I looked around online a bit, and thought these prices were a good place to start. But it seems they are a bit high. So I'll drop the prices on both, but also feel free to make me a fair offer by PM or email for either one. I'll also keep dropping the price 'till these sell, so if I'm still a bit high, you can wait, or send me an offer. Thanks

$160 on the stag Beltrame

$100 on the 13" AKC
omega

Post by omega »

gfhoward wrote:Hey guys, a member has been kind enough to let me know that my prices are a little on the high side. Since I don't deal with these knives very often, I looked around online a bit, and thought these prices were a good place to start. But it seems they are a bit high. So I'll drop the prices on both, but also feel free to make me a fair offer by PM or email for either one. I'll also keep dropping the price 'till these sell, so if I'm still a bit high, you can wait, or send me an offer. Thanks

$160 on the stag Beltrame

$100 on the 13" AKC
Just a suggestion: Try checking auction prices on sharperdeal - $85 on an 11" swing and $75 on the stiletto would be closer to what they are selling for at auction.

Good luck.
gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

Hmm, I'm new here, but not to forums, and am surprised if posting better prices and a different venue in someone's for sale post is considered good form here. Most of the forums I'm into don't even want folks chatting in sale threads period. Hopefully, this forum overall has a bit more class than the previous post. I would never undercut someone's for sale thread, much less direct folks to a different seller. I'm not trying to sell these for more than they're worth, I've encouraged folks to send me fair offers. But I've also seen alot of different prices for these in different venues, and I know knives sell for different prices, not always the same price. If someone wants to go the auction route, power to them. So like I said, I'll take offers, or walk them down until they sell. But please don't post in my for sale threads unless you're buying. There's something called PM which is much more tactful.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

gfhoward wrote:Hmm, I'm new here, but not to forums, and am surprised if posting better prices and a different venue in someone's for sale post is considered good form here. Most of the forums I'm into don't even want folks chatting in sale threads period. Hopefully, this forum overall has a bit more class than the previous post. I would never undercut someone's for sale thread, much less direct folks to a different seller. I'm not trying to sell these for more than they're worth, I've encouraged folks to send me fair offers. But I've also seen alot of different prices for these in different venues, and I know knives sell for different prices, not always the same price. If someone wants to go the auction route, power to them. So like I said, I'll take offers, or walk them down until they sell. But please don't post in my for sale threads unless you're buying. There's something called PM which is much more tactful.
WOW...The new guy has overpriced knives and a list of demands :evil:
gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

Don't normally think of asking folks to respect someone else's for sale thread a "list of demands," it's normal forum etiquette. As for overpriced knives, yes, I am new to these and still learning. Its my prerogative if I want to start high and walk down. I already opened them up to offers as well. Guess you guys run your for sale forum differently than most, I for one, would not interfere with someone's thread, even if I disagreed with their price. That's the much more common approach. As for "New Guy," I was a member here four years before you.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

An internet forum is defined as an online discussion site.

We all learn by posting and reading other peoples posts regardless of the category.

We've learned today that you don't like everyone reading this post to know that you have overpriced knives for sale :oops:

Sorry, I'll change my comment of "new guy" to "the non contributing guy who joined 4 years before me"
HDC

Post by HDC »

eastcoastsniper wrote:An internet forum is defined as an online discussion site.

We all learn by posting and reading other peoples posts regardless of the category.

We've learned today that you don't like everyone reading this post to know that you have overpriced knives for sale :oops:

Sorry, I'll change my comment of "new guy" to "the non contributing guy who joined 4 years before me"
HAAAAAA wish i could get that price for my knifes..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
stay thirsty my friend
gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

eastcoastsniper wrote:An internet forum is defined as an online discussion site.

I could care less if folks know what the knives are worth, I just don't want folks crapping in my for sale threads. I'm the one who initially said my prices seem too high, thanks to the info you kindly sent BY PM. I think my follow-up post describing the prices and invitation for offers was complete to address that. Most forums have a place for discussion and a place to buy and sell. Never been a member of one that discusses in the for sale section, but maybe that's the norm here. If it is, I still wouldn't post different prices and suggest a different website in anyone's for sale thread. That's just rude IMHO.
gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

Guess it's time to lower my prices :roll: .

$140 on the stag FB, $85 on the 13" AKC. Thanks
gfhoward

Post by gfhoward »

$120 on the Stag 11" Frank B Swinguard, $75 on the 13" Pearlex AKC Stiletto.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I know what you mean I have never seen people post and " CHAT " in the For Sale area before. But I guess me and you will learn with the older members. So, we'll do as they want here and do different on the other sites.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Knife Crazied wrote:I know what you mean I have never seen people post and " CHAT " in the For Sale area before. But I guess me and you will learn with the older members. So, we'll do as they want here and do different on the other sites.
Here's a little background. This site has been around for many years and is sponsored by companies that make and sell knives. That being so, the concept here was to discuss knives, not act as competition to the sponsers. For that reason there was not a "Buy & Sell" area open to the general membership until three years ago. It has always been a tradition for members to comment on other's post no matter where they were made. This holds true in Buy & Sell. Usually the questions raised or observations made shed more light on the item being sold. If this give and take on an open forum basis is not to your taste, then feel free to go elsewhere. Please respect the forum and its members.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Knife Crazied wrote:I know what you mean I have never seen people post and " CHAT " in the For Sale area before. But I guess me and you will learn with the older members. So, we'll do as they want here and do different on the other sites.
:shock: :?: :?: :?: :? :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!