Duckboy Want,s

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
duckboy

Duckboy Want,s

Post by duckboy »

Howdy You All , I Thought I Would Give This A Try . I Have Been Searching For A Imperial Mini With Candy Stripe Scales . Can Not Seem To Get One Any Where ! I Would Like A Fly Lock Folding Hunter With Or Without Guards , Reasonable Price And In Good Condition . That,s Just A Few Of The Things I Want . A Cartelier Deluc ? The French Ring Pull Folder With A Single Blade . That Would Be QUACKIN AWSOME ! If Some One Can Help Me Out With This ..... GOOD TIMES !
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Duckboy Want,s

Post by Vagrant »

duckboy wrote:Howdy A Cartelier Deluc ? The French Ring Pull Folder With A Single Blade . That Would Be QUACKIN AWSOME ! If Some One Can Help Me Out With This ..... GOOD TIMES !
I have one, trust me, you do NOT want one :idea: :roll:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

duckboy wrote:Howdy A Cartelier Deluc ? The French Ring Pull Folder With A Single Blade . That Would Be QUACKIN AWSOME ! If Some One Can Help Me Out With This ..... GOOD TIMES !
Vagrant wrote:I have one, trust me, you do NOT want one :idea: :roll:
Mr. Vagrant,

Of course he does...

HE IS DUCKBOY!

:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Vagrant wrote:I have one, trust me, you do NOT want one :idea: :roll:
I'm interested to hear what you don't like about the Cartailler Deluc? I have also lusted after the single blade version, and up until now, haven't heard anything bad about them?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I don't like to "trash" a product based on a single example but MY single blade has a VERY loose blade - like it has the wrong size pivot and the ring pull [almost] takes hydraulic equipment to release :idea:
I wouldn't even say anything BUT, my 4 blade has a spring that broke about a month after getting it :roll:
Other than that, they're fine :lol:
duckboy

Post by duckboy »

If Vagrant Says I Don,t Want One Then I,m Going To Go With That . I Just Thought They Look Cool And Was Going With What I Know About French Knives . The Bargion ? What Ever ... They Have A STRONG Snap ! At Least Mine Does And It Was Not Too Expensive . I,m Still Wishin And Hopein For A Mini To Come My Way . I AM DUCKBOY !
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I love ALL knives and have a Special fondness for French ones [but NOT these] :idea:
I have a Fontenille Le Sabot, in my pocket right now 8)
I often carry a Lagiuole, Pradel, Courselle or Douk Douk :wink:
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Vagrant wrote:I don't like to "trash" a product based on a single example but MY single blade has a VERY loose blade - like it has the wrong size pivot and the ring pull [almost] takes hydraulic equipment to release :idea:
I wouldn't even say anything BUT, my 4 blade has a spring that broke about a month after getting it :roll:
Other than that, they're fine :lol:
The old ones were nice, the later ones that came from the Knife Shop had problems. Maybe old dies that were worn were used to stamp those parts, or? All the old ones I've seen have been nice, well made knives.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Good info. I have been thinking about getting a multi-blade from TheKnifeShop, although I would prefer a single blade. Doesn't sound like such a good idea now.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I have considered buying this one for a while now. The only reason I havn't is because the bolsters look like they could be rivaled by a $2 switchcomb. Are these any good?
Leverlock switchblades
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I bought a single blade version with the fulcrum release about 5 years ago and it is a magnificent example.

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... air+france

Jim
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That one looks real nice Jim.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the shell puller one soon, I just don't want to be disappointed.
I've never held one to see how they feel and I think they could have done better with the scales.
Leverlock switchblades
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks again for that response Jim. Wouldn't you know it. The one I found is sold or something because I can't find it. When I see another one of those with shell pullers (& multi) I may just buy it. The only one I can find now is this one (pictured below)but the shell pullers are what I really like about the knife.
Also Duckboy:
This one is at knifeshop. I don't know if it's what you are interested in because I don't know enough about these knives. They have a single blade version that is similar as well.
Leverlock switchblades
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Jeff_75 wrote:I have considered buying this one for a while now. The only reason I havn't is because the bolsters look like they could be rivaled by a $2 switchcomb. Are these any good?
That might be difficult being that it's mine, and it's about 40 years old. None of the recent ones sold by the Knife Shop are like this model which has shotshell puller front bolsters. The bolsters are solid, or at worst very heavy nickel silver, not cheap tin like a switch comb. Like I said earlier, the older ones are far superior to the most recent ones.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

autoknife wrote:
Jeff_75 wrote:I have considered buying this one for a while now. The only reason I havn't is because the bolsters look like they could be rivaled by a $2 switchcomb. Are these any good?
That might be difficult being that it's mine, and it's about 40 years old. None of the recent ones sold by the Knife Shop are like this model which has shotshell puller front bolsters. The bolsters are solid, or at worst very heavy nickel silver, not cheap tin like a switch comb. Like I said earlier, the older ones are far superior to the most recent ones.
Nice one Ken :D