looking to buy: Spyderco Spyderfly

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

looking to buy: Spyderco Spyderfly

Post by Chrisadamley »

Anyone have one one they would be interested in selling? Trading is also a possibility i suppose.

Or, does anyone know where i can get one perhaps? These are seeming to be difficult to find :x .....I really want to add a spyderfly to the collection but it seems im kinda late in the game
WV SCROUNGER

Re: looking to buy: Spyderco Spyderfly

Post by WV SCROUNGER »

there are a few " repros" for sale out there at blade bid.com $21 I think
LOOK http://www.bladebid.com/asp/detail.asp?id=137578#img
steve d.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

:lol: google plus about 30 seconds ,came up with this.

http://shopeti.com/spyderfly.aspx
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

j.a.c. wrote::lol: google plus about 30 seconds ,came up with this.

very nice find. Trust me, i googled the crap out of this before but never found any in stock. Thanx a bunch :)
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

j.a.c. wrote::lol: google plus about 30 seconds ,came up with this.

well, i ordered the knife from this site. Its been a week and a half now, still no knife. I have sent them a few different emails with no reply. They dont list a phone number at all....just an email and an address.

im worried i got ripped off :cry: .....I dont really know what to do considering i cant find any info on who owns the site or who to contact. And why arent they responding to my emails...

Has anyone ordered from here before?
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Well, i ended up filing a claim with my bank....they then gave me a telephone number that was connected with the atm they use. I got a hold of them and asked for my money or to send the knife. Then a week later they refunded my money. What a pain in the ass!....Do not order from this site, this might have been just a one time issue, but i know im not going to risk it again.
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

Go check on Pioneer Valley. There's one listed there now.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I have some very nice clones in my store.

www.shoppalstores.com/qualityknives
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Knife Crazied wrote:I have some very nice clones in my store.

http://www.shoppalstores.com/qualityknives
Thanks, but also no thanks.

Im curious how it says "great quality" when describing the clone. Genuine Syderco is "GREAT" quality IMO....I cant imagine any clone (costing $17) could ever match up to the quality of the original.
butch

Post by butch »

I have one of the clones and they are decent for the price but the quality doesnt matchb the original of course.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

Chrisadamley wrote:
Knife Crazied wrote:I have some very nice clones in my store.

http://www.shoppalstores.com/qualityknives
Thanks, but also no thanks.

Im curious how it says "great quality" when describing the clone. Genuine Syderco is "GREAT" quality IMO....I cant imagine any clone (costing $17) could ever match up to the quality of the original.

See if you would use your brain instead of just your mouth you would understand great quality Clone. Means for a clone it's great quality. Yea we learned something today. :P Yes I am a girl, yes I sell knives, and yes I dislike men who think they know more about a knife then me. So, if you want greaytquality clones I have what you need. I sell for the poor man that don't have $150 to buy a knife. I'm not trying to get rich I'm trying to help the people with wants that have no money. :D
Last edited by Knife Crazied on Sun May 03, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Hmmmm
Ya know...I see both sides of this but there really are some pretty good clones and if you USE the knife but don't abuse it, they can last a long time.
The real deal, well sometimes the quality doesn't equal the price and if you are carring with risk of loss...well what would ya rather loose $20 or $120+.
Both have their upsides.
Today I am carring a custom. I am not worried about loss or theft and I don't abuse it.

There...that be my 2 cents worth
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

:roll: Genuine imitation ??? :roll:
Clones are what they are , cheap knock offs. Some people like them and that's fine ,but they should never be described as high quality. just my humble opinion.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

j.a.c. wrote::roll: Genuine imitation ??? :roll:
Clones are what they are , cheap knock offs. Some people like them and that's fine ,but they should never be described as high quality. just my humble opinion.

:lol: ok...if it weren't a genuine imitation...then would it be a fake or imitation imitation making it the real thing?

high quality....hmmm
suppose some are better than others....higher quality....?

...a high quality dump...

think I strayed from the subject enough... :roll:
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It's not likely many clones will be worth much down the road compared to the real knives that I am trying to collect. And from what I hear and see it's probably right.
I see the side of someone wanting a switchblade for a good price.
I've been there but I doubt I'll buy another clone again except to see if they have made any progress in quality and send it to someone that thinks they re cool. :D .
Leverlock switchblades