VINTAGE AUTOS FOR SALE

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: VINTAGE AUTOS FOR SALE

Post by whippersnapper »

If someone has his name and contact info, I'm all for you posting it publicly. Might save someone else in the future.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

Ryan Goins
19938 E. 46th Street S.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014

possible e-mails: trippybeckford@yahoo.com, antiquecollectall9@yahoo.com.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Viking45 wrote: Aaah,the ole Money Order ignominy,oldest trick in the book. I smell scandal in the air :shock:

However I'm just thinking out loud here but what "book" exactly are we speaking of?
Attachments
Simpsons 1.PNG
Simpsons 1.PNG (299.19 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I had been hesitant to make any judgments on this matter as I considered that maybe something happened to him. But if he told people he had sent stuff than I would say the odds of it being fraud are pretty close to 100%.

Anyways, there is one good laugh we can have over this whole debacle.

I was thinking that in all my years at this forum, I only remember one other case of a scam being committed here. So I looked through the threads to see if I could find it. Here it is:
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22425

Karma, lol.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I had no idea this was Ryan Goins...Here is a thread from 8 years ago.
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... in#p161897

And another one warning about him...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... ns#p161867

He has went by a few different names through the years Mr. Mojo Risin, X-Punk.

Sorry guys, It don't look good for anyone getting their knives.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Deleted post. If anyone read this before I deleted it, the person we had mentioned is not an RH alias.
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

You might be right and I will edit my post above.

I also removed the name and link from your post so not to have any connection.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Being over 6 years ago much of the details about Ryan Goins is fuzzy in my memory. I just remember he got a few folks back then. Seems like he ripped off sharperD for quite a bit of money.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Do you mean he ripped off SD (Bob) or just the SD site in general?

And it's insane that after all these years he's still coming around pulling scams. As far as returns for time spent go, it seems like it would be more efficient to just collect cans or take nickles out of fountains. Or get a job, lol.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I think he ripped off Bob but don't remember the details.
lance

Post by lance »

I heard about that guy,bob went to his home,tracked em down and got his money.bob told me all about it I'll see if I can get anew address or some more information on him.you all can work it out with the proper authorities.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'd like to hear more about that story, it sounds like a good one. Are you sure it is the same guy, though? Bob and the RH address are real far apart.

Unfortunately, in this case, it might not be a good idea to contact the relevant authorities. It's a tough case to pursue in any event but there is also the added issue that could end up causing you a headache. I mean, not you, but whoever contacted the authorities.
omega

Post by omega »

Guys, this just sickens me to read this stuff. I hate scammers with a passion as a few of you know, LOL.

Here's what I can see, so far after a few mins of digging:

1) There a Marie Goins, early 60's who comes back to the Broken Arrow address you have for RG. Phone numbers of (918) 806-8764 and (918) 355-8432.
2) Marie is associated with a Ryan L Goins, a minor. When I ran him, He is associated with a Ryan Patrick Goins, age 28 with a Broken Arrow, OK address and an address in Skiatook, OK - 25 miles away from Broken Arrow. Exact addresses aren't given unless you're a "Premium Member," so I can't nail it down more than that thru these databases right now.

I looks Like Marie could be a mother of Ryan Patrick Goins. Ryan L Goins might be Marie's grandson. There is another Goins male in his 6o's tied to Marie. Ryan L Goins could be Ryan Patrick Goins' son.

If you think Ryan Patrick Goins, age 28 is RG, then I would start with a phone call to Marie at 918.806.8764. Tell her you are looking for Ryan Patrick Goins in regard to a possible internet fraud case. If she won't provide a contact # she will likely be willing to get a message to RPG to call you. Regardless, she's going to tip Ryan P Goins to the fact you're seeking him in connection with a possible fraud matter.

Now If I were the 28 year-old RPG and I just got a call from Mom about some guy asking about fraud, I would be shitting my pants about now.

Anyway, this is a place to start. The purchaser(s) of the money orders can request the MO Issuer to disclose how/where it was cashed and by whom. Chasing that down will take some time.

All of this assumes that RPG is the RG you are seeking. The online sources used to obtain this info can also have dated or bad info. Its totally up to you guys if you want to make use of this info and to what extent you are willing to rely upon its accuracy. You can also dig online at the local county clerk of courts online records database. Often, that's useful to obtain info which fills in the blanks and provides proper addresses, phone #'s etc.

Let me know if this is of any help. Good Luck!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Good job Omega. It is a good starting point depending on if the guys want to pursue it. I don't know how much $ these guys are out.
omega

Post by omega »

Thanks Mr Whippersnapper! Seems like there's always one around to scam us. I hope the guys have some success stomping on this snake.