WTB Buck 110

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wild zebra

WTB Buck 110

Post by wild zebra »

Anyone have one laying around on the cheap? I thought I would buy from a forum member rather than ebay. Not sure if I'm being unreasonable but probably won't pay more than 20-25 since that's what I could get one on ebay for. If you have one with broken or damaged scales that's great. My plan is to use the Blade and Locking bar and put it in the body of a 110 clone I purchased from a forumite.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: WTB Buck 110

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Zebra,

Ummmmmmmmm... You want to buy a REAL Buck to repair a CLONE? What am I missing here?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

Well the way I see it Jerrbear, it's like this. Brass is Brass, But the blades are the big difference. I bought a buck clone fer real cheap so I could take it apart and see how it works. Now I've always wanted a REAL 110 auto so for the 20 bucks it's gonna cost me for a used 110. I will take the blade and backspring out and put it in the clone handle and rescale it. So I have pretty much a real 110 for a third of the price and I made it myself. Or with knowledge I gained from taking the clone apart I reckon I could just convert the REAL 110. But that would be more work, making the rocker, and what not. Make sense???

Did anyone make the later just circle button 110 in a clone? I'd like to see how they work also.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Yeah I have seen "other" brands or 110 "fakes"that have even thicker liners and bolsters.
I have one that says "Solingen" and nothing else. My guess is that it's Asian or Pakistan but it has very thick brass liners and heavy bolsters,quite a bit more than a real 110.

Seems there are still a few places to buy a 110 for about 35 bucks :idea:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Viking45 wrote:Yeah I have seen "other" brands or 110 "fakes"that have even thicker liners and bolsters.
I have one that says "Solingen" and nothing else. My guess is that it's Asian or Pakistan but it has very thick brass liners and heavy bolsters,quite a bit more than a real 110.

Seems there are still a few places to buy a 110 for about 35 bucks :idea:
During the early BA day, some Milanos were stamped Solinger :lol:
100 year ago some asian guns were stamped Wauser :roll:
Asian confusion with other languages has always been "problematical" :wink:
swinguard1

Post by swinguard1 »

I have a finger groove Buck110. I'd love to have that one converted! I like the blade sweep, the rigidity, and the clip point. When I sharpen it, it's like a razor, and unless using it constantly, it holds a good edge for what it is.

These crazy things are an expensive, addictive hobby! Lol!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Vagrant wrote: During the early BA day, some Milanos were stamped Solinger :lol:
HA! Wauser :lol: That's too funny that they spelled it wong :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Viking45 wrote:
Vagrant wrote: During the early BA day, some Milanos were stamped Solinger :lol:
HA! Wauser :lol: That's too funny that they spelled it wong :lol:
It was a Broomhandle clone from the early 1900s.
So clones are nothing new :idea:
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

Thanks you've all been very helpful :D off to ebay!! I'll post pics when finished.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

wild zebra wrote:Thanks you've all been very helpful :D off to ebay!! I'll post pics when finished.
Mr. Zebra,

amazon.com has a "USED-LIKE NEW" Buck 110 for $29 buck dollars shipped - I don't know what they're going for on eBay...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

bout the same thanks jerrbear I got my eye on a few auctions.