SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

SHOULD THE SALE OF CLONES BE ALLOWED ON THE FORUM IF DISCLOSED AS BEING CLONES?

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes: 38

Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

Post by Vagrant »

It NEVER fails, I lock a thread to save someone and they b1tch at me [in a P.M.] so I let them try again and the MEMBERS "have at them" mercilessly :idea:
They NEVER learn :roll:
I've been doing this a loooong time, I know when someone is about to "step in it" and try to stop it - the results are always the same.
And usually they don't even realize "they were in trouble" and won't admit it when the sh!t hits the fan.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Razor_54 wrote:I'm also a Canadian and have been collecting for over 25 years. I would also classify these as counterfeits. Your seller may or not be passing these off as the real stuff, but a novice will never know the difference and that is theft.
I'm am guilty of buying clones, as most of us have done but only to finance our hobby and sell them as clones. :oops:
Counterfeiting is theft. If you copy a DVD and sell it as an original, are you not stealing!!!!!
Have been on your website, and you have some clones, but don't see the word clone mentioned in your description for sale. :roll: :shock:
Care to point out the clones to me. I don't sell clones as the real thing on either of my websites. Show me or shut up!!
Also in my original post on this forum I DID NOT TRY TO SELL CLONES OR COUNTERFEITS OR WHATEVER THE golly-gee-whilikers YOU WANT TO CALL THEM AS THE REAL THING. Most, if not all, of you naysayers are full of horseshit. All you do is carp and twist words with no substantive arguments. Meanwhile the silent majority is either buying or making inquiries about the MTs.
redeye

Post by redeye »

I would like to ask a mod to step in and do something about this abusive language that has been slung around here on this thread. I know we are all grown ups but I let my grandkids look at these forums with me sometimes and they do not need to see this kind of cussing going on. if someone cannot use the rest of the ten go-zillion words that are not vulgar and abusive then I think it just shows a lack of intelligence on their part. And before you start up on me mr blades1860 be advised I will not tolerate verbal abuse from you or anyone else for that matter. If you want to have an open discussion on this subject then please act like a gentleman or at least act like you are in public and conduct yourself accordingly. thank you.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

You are selling an item missed marked and wheter or not you state it is a copy has no bearing on the crime. Thanks for stating on the internet how you import direct from China ( a serious felony in your country), and how you have no concern about patent violations.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

redeye wrote:I would like to ask a mod to step in and do something about this abusive language that has been slung around here on this thread. I know we are all grown ups but I let my grandkids look at these forums with me sometimes and they do not need to see this kind of cussing going on. if someone cannot use the rest of the ten go-zillion words that are not vulgar and abusive then I think it just shows a lack of intelligence on their part. And before you start up on me mr blades1860 be advised I will not tolerate verbal abuse from you or anyone else for that matter. If you want to have an open discussion on this subject then please act like a gentleman or at least act like you are in public and conduct yourself accordingly. thank you.
Locking or deleting him is easy - letting him "keep at it" lets EVERYONE judge for themselves about his motives/intentions/character :idea:
Attacking/insulting long term members, your fist day on a forum, is not the best way to start :!:
Most people would know that.
I learned long ago to substitute a letter or two so "I didn't post profanity" [much] but you could know what I meant :wink:
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

I got a real chuckle Vagrant when I re-read my last post. I can't ever remember using the word that was substituted for what I actually wrote. You were more than fair to me. I expected to get the old heave ho. Thanks for not doing that. I will moderate the tone of my posts and try to post something constructive. I do use profanity from time to time however. I happen to like the affect it has on some people. Gets their juices going. Didn't realize this was a forum where kids frequent. My child would be bored to death reading posts by a bunch of old guys who get their rocks off over knives. ( I hope "get your rocks off" doesn't offend anyone). God forbid! (Now I probably just upset the Bible Thumpers).

So...what do you all think about Frank Beltrame's all black tactical stilettos? Ordered 6 today as well as the stiletto with the fake briarwood. Looking forward to getting them. Is there a stiletto section here? I'm new to stilettos and would like to learn a lot more about them. Friend of mine told me I was crazy buying an all black FB stiletto. Why are so many of the blades now black? Anyone have an idea on that? I happen to prefer satin or bead blasted blades. BTW they are real FBs not clones or counterfeits. I only like fake MTs. Got lots of them.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Bravo Mr. Blades.now thats a post to be proud of .as for the all black blades I am not really sure what I personally think of them. To just look at I dont get it I like the look of some real steel in my stilettos and if you are gonna use a knife that has a black blade it is going to get all scratched up from use and sharpening so that just looks bad too. Go figger I guess thats where the differant strokes {not the one with Gary Coleman}thing comes into play.I prefer vintage picklocks myself and you said that you have been kinda lurking for a while so you prolly already know that so they didnt come with black blades anyway lol. welcome to the forum.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Don't need to defend myself. You started the same BS on BladeForums last year and now you bring it here.
You mentioned that you are an ex-LEO and you are breaking every law in Canada with the selling and possession of automatic knifes and not to mention an internet site. This is too funny. Not very smart. :twisted:
Have you ever heard of Paul Chen's Starship knife or Cold Steel Ti-Lite, Tee Flight, come on. :roll:

http://blades1860.com/p/5246911/spring- ... -mother-of
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=755324
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'll be as charitable as I can. Frank's Switch line [including the "tacticals"] is not the same quality as his "Classic Stiletto" line.
The Classics are worth the few extra $$
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Razor_54 wrote:Don't need to defend myself. You started the same BS on BladeForums last year and now you bring it here.
I actually started the "same BS on BladeForums" a little while ago. Today. A few hours ago. Some very lively debate there as well but one member just posted something that changed my opinion of clones or counterfeits. It was a reasoned and reasonable response. Hard to argue with logical thinking.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Im rather confused here. Isn't it still a counterfeit even if you are telling people its a counterfeit before you sell it to them? How does that make it a clone and not a counterfeit? If it has the markings of the original knife company, but the original knife company DIDN"T make it....then why is that not a counterfeit? All seems so simple to me, could u explain again clearly why you STILL think they are clones?

:?
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

intent... intent is the line. a replica/copy/clone is a counterfeit when, and only when, the intention is to deceive the buyer. if the replica/copy/clone is sold as a replica/copy/clone or any variation, then it is legally not a counterfeit. intent makes all the difference in the world.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

FreeTheArmy wrote:intent... intent is the line. a replica/copy/clone is a counterfeit when, and only when, the intention is to deceive the buyer. if the replica/copy/clone is sold as a replica/copy/clone or any variation, then it is legally not a counterfeit. intent makes all the difference in the world.
Exactly! Finally someone understands the difference.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

"Clone" isn't really an accurate term. I think that cast pot metal, mystery steel blades, and every possible manufacturing shortcut being taken, while resulting in a knife that may externally resemble another knife to some degree, doesn't really result in a knife being close enough to the real thing to be truly considered a clone.

A more accurate term is "counterfeit knife".
Do you also drive an acura with Cadillac emblems?
Leverlock switchblades
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

FreeTheArmy wrote:intent... intent is the line. a replica/copy/clone is a counterfeit when, and only when, the intention is to deceive the buyer. if the replica/copy/clone is sold as a replica/copy/clone or any variation, then it is legally not a counterfeit. intent makes all the difference in the world.
I KNOW this is "deep" but, try to follow - the Microtech Boxes, logos, and trademarks pretty much establish intent [at least, on someone's part] :idea:
[They all, are used in legal matters, as PROOF of intent, irrespective of oral statements to the contrary].
Is there ANY WAY, to make that more understandable :?: