Anyone do manual to auto conversions?

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
muskrat man

Anyone do manual to auto conversions?

Post by muskrat man »

I have a couple slipjoint folders (big ones around 5") that i'd love to have converted to autos, does anyone know where I culd have something like that done?
xlr8

Re: Anyone do manual to auto conversions?

Post by xlr8 »

I saw some case copperlocks and cheetahs that T bar K converted to D/A while at the blade show. It looked like they did a pretty good job. I imagine they have to make a completely new backspring, as their conversions are leafspring fired. :D
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
redeye

Post by redeye »

TANK{MIKE} does great work on the case conversions .i have owned a few and they were awesome knives .i wish i still had them. get a hold of him and he will let ya know what it will take to convert your knives to auto. it wont be cheap but neither will the work.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

looks like he don't work on anything but the case's. Darn, still on the hunt :!:
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

muskrat man wrote:looks like he don't work on anything but the case's. Darn, still on the hunt :!:
He does other stuff. At the Blade Show, he showed me some Marbles conversions he did. You should contact him and see what he can do. His work is phenomenal.
James

Post by James »

This is a great topic and I have often thought about who could or would convert a nice manual to an auto. I have seen some of the knives one of the Vallotton knife makers have converted and they are great. I remember seeing a large Al Mar folder one of them converted and it looked fantastic.

James
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

I did contanct him and his response was "that is is not cost effective" becasue he said it took 4-5 days to tool up and get the bugs worked out of a design and in that time he could do several copperlock or cheetah conversions. He said he no longer did individual one offs for clients. That is assuming we're still talking about T bar K
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

oops- I stand corrected