AKC site on the fritz

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
oregon

AKC site on the fritz

Post by oregon »

Howdy,

Hello all and thank you for this terrific forum. I'm out of lurk mode.

I've been checking in at http://www.akc.it/mbody.asp and nobody seems to be at home. They don't respond to my email. What's the scoop...gone to the Olympics?

And, I heard a rumor that the Germans will not be manufacturing spring knives much longer. Probably just that, a rumor.

Whats your favorite scale? I'm thinking Micarta (white perhaps) for its toughness and longevity. Close?

All the best,

Steve
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

oregon

Post by oregon »

August is taken as an Italian holiday. Sounds like a good idea to me. Thank you rapid.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Not sure it's just a holiday issue. I have tried to contact AKC of and on for the best part of a year. Only one response, and when I replied to that, got not response ever again :!:

Others have had this experience as well. They apparently just can't be bothered talking to anyone other than distributors who place large orders. Their PR needs major work IMO as this attitude tends to put off potential customers. :x
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

AKC has opted to go with US a distributor. Anyone neeeding the contact, please send me a pm.

Jim
oregon

Post by oregon »

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for US blade enthusiasts? I prefer the direct route, access to the entire product line, for its simplicity.

Thank you kindly Jim.

All the best,

Steve

Juice Squirt: used alot, carried more often than not.