Hidden users

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sam Hotton

Hidden users

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening Mr Vagrant,
My opening page of TalkBlade Forum show users on line. It shows "Registered" users, "Hidden" users, and "Guest" users. What is a "Hidden user"?
With thanks,
Sam
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Sam
Allow me to answer this. See a hidden user has his computer in the closet with the door shut so noone can see him post. A Guest is someone you invite over and he posts using your computer since your registered. Then there are the invisable posters who always post but you never see the posts cause they are invisable. I hope this helps you understand the different types of users cause I sure don't.
PB
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Re: Hidden users

Post by Teddy »

Sam Hotton wrote:Good evening Mr Vagrant,
My opening page of TalkBlade Forum show users on line. It shows "Registered" users, "Hidden" users, and "Guest" users. What is a "Hidden user"?
With thanks,
Sam
If you go to your "Profile" page...... where it says...Hide your online status: you have the option of remaining "hidden" even though you're signed in.

Best wishes
Teddy
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Now why would anyone want to do that. Embarrassed. :wink: :wink:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The nice thing about my forum is, someone else can answer the questions that I had no clue on, and I can learn and then pretend I knew all along
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Razor,

I have wondered the same thing, but if you look at the bottom of the screen on the main page periodically, you will see that a good many opt for it.

Jim
Straydog 5247

Hidden !

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Razor , I usta be "hidden" 'cause I screwed up a few posts ! but now I feel more "at ease" . the folks on this forum are really o.k. I mean we all love switchblades ,right ? Straydog :lol:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I agree, there is always a few hidden. After all isn't this a talk forum, not a game of i can see you, but you can't see me.
We all at times make a fool of ourselfs, how else are we suppose to evolve into a crazy knife collector. :wink: :D :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

So far I have; easy questions, tough questions [that other people answer for me] and question about the odors eminating from felines. Two out of three ain't bad.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Sam,
I am a hidden member so the ex.cannot track me here.... :lol: :lol: :shock: :P :P
All the best to you and your family
Missaman
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

you don't even have to have that setting in place to be hidden - just browsing without logging on gives you hidden status!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Would browsing without logging on have you identified as "Hidden" or "Guest"?

Jim