Guns not a defensive weapon

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Guns not a defensive weapon

Post by tequiza »

Just when you think they can't say anything dumber :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdqWI8HC ... e=youtu.be
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
robert01

Re: Guns not a defensive weapon

Post by robert01 »

the real problem is that you have a lot of weapons on the street. clear that you have to defend yourself with a gun. but if things got harder with the regulation of guns, people would think having her home. has few weapons at home, thieves will have more weapons. Habre is a drawer and find the whole gun with ammunition. Why not be part of the weapon in one place and the other in a safe? Police find many on the street, but many more are sold commercially. because having weapons of war at home? prohibiting such weapons and if you want them to be modified to not being able to shoot burst.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

Here in Spain we have the CETME, but are modified to shoot not burst and charger you get with the gun is 5 shots. the cetme only as a rifle can fire 308. the ammo they sell is 308 and no ammunition. here if a troubled shoot with single shoot 5 bullets and no more than 5. in the U.S. you can buy from ak47, miniguns, barret 107, etc ... if there is a disturbed how many people might kill?
robert01

Post by robert01 »

I only say one thing, a pen gun 22 is forbidden. and a pellet gun of 4.5 requires a license. The only guns that come here are from outside Europe or East or South America.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

For a second there I thought the guy behind had that look like "huh?" :shock:

Did he actually just say "Guns are to intimidate?" Is it me or is something very wrong with that statement?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:For a second there I thought the guy behind had that look like "huh?" :shock:

Did he actually just say "Guns are to intimidate?" Is it me or is something very wrong with that statement?
Yup, that's what he said, also said his officers don't carry a gun for defensive purposes, they carry one to do their job safely and handle any opposition, I think this guy has been hitting the wacky weed quite often :!: :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Yes, he literally just said that his officers are taught to use their guns as a tool for intimidation and control.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
ZeroPage

Post by ZeroPage »

Stupid things fall out of stupid people's mouths. Nothing new.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
-Lao Tzu
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Based on his lack of critical thinking skill; I assume he has been drinking quite a bit of kool-aid. Let the government lead by example and step up to the plate by disarming themselves. They can lead the way by showing how well that works out.

Then let's ask the poor misunderstood thugs to please turn in their weapons out of the goodness of their hearts.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Many people do not understand "shall not be infringed" :roll:
ZeroPage

Post by ZeroPage »

Indeed. Most antis are such subhuman retards I wouldn't trust them with anything more than a plastic spork. And that only with adult supervision.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
-Lao Tzu
markjoseph

Post by markjoseph »

i think guns is not defensive weapon if a gun is a defensive weapon many people are adicted a gun and many people are killing to each other and that my opinion.
An advertising agency is of tactical knives 85 percent confusion and 15 percent commission.
Fred Allen
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

markjoseph wrote:i think guns is not defensive weapon if a gun is a defensive weapon many people are adicted a gun and many people are killing to each other and that my opinion.
'
What? Half the guns i own are i bought purely for defensive purposes...you try to assault me on my property you will find out they are very proficient in the defensive weapon role.

Saying guns aren't a defensive weapon is just plain silly.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

So this guy back when had to take men to defend the Alamo. They defended it with firearms, not cotton candy. Koreans defended their stores during the 1992 riots by setting up on their roofs with rifles. How is this not clearly understandable?
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Some factors that no doubt lead to that amazing statement by this Chief of Police:

1. A few years ago a man was refused acceptance into the New London CT police cadet program because he had too high an IQ.

2. The Peter Principle that essentially states, "Over time employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence", that is they will be promoted beyond their abilities.

3. In The Maltese Falcon, Philip Marlow observes, "The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter."

Clearly this "Chief" has an intellect only a few points above that of a common sponge.

He got to his elevated chief's status after long years at the PD as it is obvious he has consumed his share of donuts during that time.

And those huge stars on his shoulder boards! Those are some of the most ostentatious I've ever seen. His jurisdiction is Emeryville, a small town of 8,000 that sits between Oakland and Berkeley on the San Francisco Bay. The number of stars and size thereof bears no relation to the size or importance of the community served but is pretty much up to the chief. Given that, he must be compensating for other smaller things in his life. :P :lol: