cheap wrist flip knife and others

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
heviarti

cheap wrist flip knife and others

Post by heviarti »

I used to have a locking folder I enjoyed very much. Unfortunately it was stolen with my car. It had a bare metal frame with U.S.A cut through to the inside on either side, a belt clip and two brass knobs screwed through the lock on the blade pivot end. Lift knobs, flip wrist, drop knobs. No politically incorrect spring. Blade was marked 'Rostfrei' which just means stainless... Loved it. it didn't collect hay in my pockets (it all fell out the holes) and was easy to open one handed. Fed a lot of hay with it. It was cheapie no-name brand and I'd love to find another.

Gypsy ratchet operated knife. Where do I get one for less than $100?

U.S. Army is issuing a knife as 'repair parts' fixed blade, very angular, almost 3/8 of an inch thick. What is it and where do I find it?

Army ranger school gives an automatic knife at graduation. Same question.

Germany issued an automatic knife of some type in WWII. seen it? I haven't and want to.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: cheap wrist flip knife and others

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Germany never issued an automatic knife. They did issue gravity knives for airborne troops.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.