Dressed or Undressed

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Dressed or Undressed

Post by Viking45 »

That is a masterpiece Jim. Wow

Back in the mid 80's I had a 223 bolt. Even the guy at the gun shop was unfamiliar with it.
It simply said Imported by St. Huberts Made In England and had a simi bull or a slightly heavier blued barrel with a polished steel bolt.
The blond forestock was wide and had a beautiful Monte Carlo butt.
At the end of the barrel near the bolt was about three or four stamps resembling coat of arms,very European looking.

Someone had removed the Weaver scope and replaced it with a lesser quality Japanese number. It was still incredibly accurate,at 100 yards I could put about 3/4 rounds inside a dime sized target which is pretty good for me.
A 223 bolt is a fun rifle to shoot,not that expensive and little recoil.

Thanks for sharing Jim that is a real beauty.
The Reverend Sharp

Post by The Reverend Sharp »

Viking45 wrote:
natcherly wrote:Love those Martinis! Ever since Zulu.
I agree,very simple but beautiful.
If I'm not mistaken these were chambered in several different rounds. 303 possibly?

The Original Cartridge was a 577/450; the 577 part is the case which evolved from the previous Brit Military Rifle the Snider Enfield.

The Case is stepped down to 450 for the Martini Henry Rifle

Later, in the Smokeless Powder Era, the Standard Cartridge adopted was the .303; lots of 577/450 Martinis were converted to the smaller Cartridge.

There was also a Cadet Rifle with a smaller frame that was in .310

Greener also made a Martini Action Shotgun for use in HM Prisons.

The Martini Action is one of the strongest ever designed;

The one pictured is my 1881 Rifle in 577/450. I also have an 1979 Artillery Carbine also in the original Calibre.

They are fantastic Rifles and with the right load, are accurate out to amazing distances.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Greener also made a Martini Action Shotgun for use in HM Prisons.
I've seen images of East Indian military or police with these are well.
----

Here are a photo of my latest firearms acquisitions. Got all of them within the past 2 weeks (though I paid for some of the items in February.)

The shotgun has a light mounted on the end of the magazine tube too, which makes a great aiming device at close range.
Last edited by dark2023 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
The Reverend Sharp

Post by The Reverend Sharp »

Love the Pump Action Mr Dark2023......that would be loads of fun!!

Unfortunately totally illegal in the stupid 'nanny state' I live in....... :cry:

Though I can carry a Switchblade if my work requires a knife.................I think the expression is ''Go figure'' to you Americans.

It's a funny old World !!
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

I have had a number or ar's and ak's and now own 2 ar's and 2 ak. The ar's are great weapons but can be very picky about what ammo they like. The ak's I've owned would shoot any ammo I put through them. SHTF and I'm grabbin the ak, buff said;
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!